Student Ticket Information - Men's Basketball
My UK Student Account
Jump to Student Football Ticket Info
Who is eligible for a Student Ticket?
Anyone who is a full time student (12 hours undergraduate or 9 hours graduate) and has a valid University of Kentucky Student ID card. Your athletics fee must also be paid with your tuition each semester. BCTC students MUST register and pay the athletics fee online in order to be eligible to purchase student tickets. BCTC students should click here to pay the athletics fee.
Admission to Games
Basketball: Present your valid UK Student ID card and game ticket at the Patterson Street entrance of Rupp Arena. Gates open 1.5 hours prior to tipoff.
2014-2015 Basketball Lottery Process - Complete Instructions & New Calendar
Student basketball tickets will be sold via two distributions (first-come, first-serve), and three lotteries.
Full details regarding distributions and lotteries, along with a complete calendar of important dates, are posted above. It is essential that you visit this link and read the complete instructions to ensure that you understand the process. Students should print the instructions and calendar for reference throughout the year.
Brief Summary of Lottery Process:
- An "Online Group Registration Window" will occur beginning a week before each lottery.
- You will have the ability to register online as a group.
- Students should log-in to their student ticket account and set up a group to enter the online lottery. Once the leader has created a group, they can share their group information with other students, who can then join that group. For basketball lotteries, groups are limited to four students. Individuals should create a 1-person group.
- After the online group registration deadline, the UK Ticket Office will conduct a random draw to select the winning students. Each group entry will have an equal chance of begin selected.
- The winning students will be notified via email from the UK Ticket Office.
- ONLY these winning students will be eligible to attend the Monday night lottery at Memorial Coliseum.
- The actual lotteries will remain on Monday evenings at 9:00 pm at Memorial Coliseum. Doors will open at 8:00 pm.
- On lottery nights, winning students should enter the Coliseum via the front doors on Euclid Avenue to receive their lottery number.
- Lottery numbers will be distributed in groups of 100.
- When your lottery number is called, each group will be directed to the ticket office to purchase tickets.
- Note: You must be a full-time student to participate in this process. Your student status will be verified before you can sign up during the Online Registration Period, as well as when you purchase tickets at the lottery. Full details regarding eligibility are listed in the complete instructions.
As in the past, any student tickets that are unclaimed from a Monday night lottery will go on sale Tuesday at 9:00 am at the Joe Craft Center ticket office. Students who were not selected to attend the lottery may purchase any unclaimed tickets at this time, if available. Any tickets that are still unclaimed after Monday and Tuesday will be sold as Guest tickets on Wednesday, based on availability.
For the two distributions, there will be NO LOTTERY, and thus no online sign-up period. During distributions, tickets are sold on a first-come, first-serve basis at the Joe Craft Center Ticket Office, to all eligible students.
As long as tickets remain, students may purchase tickets after lotteries/distributions until they are sold out. Student tickets ($5 price) are not available to purchase at Rupp Arena on gamedays, so students should be sure to purchase their tickets from the UK Ticket Office in advance.
Remember to read the COMPLETE INSTRUCTIONS to ensure you understand the procedures, and print off your ticket calendar.
For questions, please contact the UK Ticket Office by phone at (800) 928-2287 or (859) 257-1818 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Men's Basketball Postseason - Student Ticket Distributions
Postseason ticket distributions/lotteries are for full-time UK students only, and qualifying BCTC students who have paid the spring semester athletics fee. Due to the limited availability of tickets, spouse/family cards will not be accepted.
NCAA Final Four - April 4 & 6, 2015 - Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN
**FINAL FOUR STUDENT TICKET UPDATE - As of 12:30pm on Monday, March 30 we have received notification from the NCAA that all student tickets in the Kentucky allotment for the Final Four in Indianapolis are SOLD OUT. If you purchased a Final Four ticket, you will receive an additional confirmation email Thursday with entry instructions into Lucas Oil Stadium.
- Wednesday, March 25 - Friday, March 27 at 11:00 am - ONLINE REGISTRATION
- Student online registration for the Final Four will begin on Wednesday, March 25 and the deadline to register is Friday, March 27 at 11:00 am. The registration period will be close prior to the conclusion of the Cleveland Regional games. Tickets will only be available if UK advances to the Final Four.
- Click here for the Final Four Student Ticket Lottery instructions.
- If you cannot attend the Final Four in Indianapolis, DO NOT REGISTER, as you will not be able to transfer your ticket to another student.
- Students may register as an individual or a group (max 4). Approximately 700 tickets will be available.
- A pool of students will be selected from those that register and will have first-come, first-served access to purchase a Final Four ticket. Being selected for the lottery does not guarantee a ticket. The selected pool will be larger than the number of tickets available.
- Students selected and not selected for the pool will be notified by email on Saturday, March 28.
- Selected students will receive another email on Monday, March 30 with a unique link to the NCAA's Veritix ordering system. Students in the selected pool will have access to purchase a ticket at a total cost of $40 through Veritix. The Final Four ticket includes both semifinal games on Saturday, April 4. If UK advances to the National Championship game on Monday, April 6, Veritix will place tickets in the same student accounts, this time free of charge. If UK does not advance to the National Championship game on Monday, student tickets will not be available.
- Ticket will be sold first-come, first-served to those in the selected pool and will be assigned based on when they are purchased. Reminder - being selected for the pool does not guarantee a ticket, as the pool will be larger than the number of tickets available.
- The deadline for students to purchase their ticket online is Tuesday, March 31 at 5:00 pm.
- All students who successfully purchase a ticket through Veritix will be required to present their valid student ID, credit card used to purchase their ticket, and drivers license at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. Tickets are fully electronic and non-transferable. The name on the credit card used for ticket purchase must match the name on the student ID and drivers license.
QUESTIONS REGARDING TICKETS?
Please Call 257-1818 or email email@example.com.
Please call 257-1378