Dec. 13, 2013
Box Score |
Team Records and Notes:
- Stanford advanced to the Lexington Regional Final and will face off against No. 2 Penn State on Saturday, Dec, 14 at 4 p.m. ET, with the game televised live on ESPNU.
- Stanford is now 5-0 all time against the Golden Gophers, winning the first meeting since 2007.
- This is Stanford’s second consecutive year making it to the Elite Eight in the NCAA tournament.
- Minnesota finished the season 29-7.
- Minnesota and Stanford both came out exchanging points early in the set with both teams tied at six.
- Minnesota forced to call a timeout after Stanford jumps in the lead, 12-9.
- Minnesota went on a 10-7 run to tie the set at 19 and force a Stanford timeout.
- Minnesota saved a set point and forced the final Stanford timeout at 24-23 in favor of the Cardinals.
- Daly Santana (Minnesota) tied the set at 24 with an ace.
- Stanford won the set after three set points, 28-26.
- Madi Bugg (Stanford) recorded a set-high and team-high 15 assists.
- Ashley Wittman (Minnesota) led all scorers with seven kills.
- Lindsey Lawmaster (Minnesota) led Minnesota’s defense with a set-high seven digs.
- Minnesota pulled out to an early lead at 4-2, but Stanford responded with a 6-4 run to tie the set at eight a piece.
- Stanford went on a 6-0 run to take the lead, 18-16.
- Stanford won the set 25-23 and leads the match, 2-0.
- Stanford hit .364 in the set, limiting Minnesota to .229.
- Minnesota had three players that had at least four kills.
- Kyle Gilbert (Stanford) had a set-high seven digs.
- Katie Schau (Minnesota) began the set with an ace but two kills by Stanford put them ahead 2-1.
- Minnesota and Stanford exchanged points early in the third set to tie at 8-8.
- Stanford went on a 5-0 run to take the lead over the Golden Gophers, 12-8.
- The Golden Gophers went on an 8-7 to pull within two points of the Cardinal at 19-17.
- The Golden Gophers took a 22-21 lead over the Cardinal after a 7-3 run.
- Stanford clinches the match 25-22 and spot in the Lexington Regional Finals.
- Ashley Wittman (Minnesota) led all scorers with 17 kills.
- Kyle Gilbert (Stanford) led Stanford’s defense with a match-high 20 digs.
- Madi Bugg (Stanford), Pac-12 Setter of the Year, had a match-high 46 assists.
- Inky Ajanaku (Stanford) recorded a team-high 12 kills.
- Katie Schau (Minnesota) had a career-high 30 assists.