Dec. 7, 2012
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery |
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 7-1, while DePaul falls to 6-3.
- UK returns to action Sunday, Dec. 9 against Middle Tennessee at 1 p.m. ET in Memorial Coliseum. The game will be televised live on the UK IMG Sports Network and FSN South.
- UK set new single-game attendance record of 18,488. The previous record was 14,508 on Dec. 8, 2011 vs. Duke in Rupp Arena.
- Kentucky is in its 39th year of varsity play and owns an overall record of 663-472 (.584).
- Head coach Matthew Mitchell is in his sixth year and ranks third on the all-time wins list (121-57) and first in winning percentage (.680)
- UK is now 57-19 (.750) in regular season, nonconference games under head coach Matthew Mitchell.
- The Wildcats are now 22-12 in Rupp Arena.
- The Cats are 54-2 at home over the last three seasons.
- UK has now won 26 straight home contests – the second-longest winning streak in program history.
- Kentucky has won 36 straight nonconference home games, dating back to Dec. 19, 2008.
- UK is now 3-0 all-time against DePaul.
- UK is now 71-33 all-time against opponents from the Big East Conference.
- UK's starting lineup featured A'dia Mathies, Bria Goss, Jennifer O'Neill, Samarie Walker and DeNesha Stallworth. The Cats are now 4-0 with this lineup.
- O'Neill scored the first basket of the game at the 19:54 mark.
- Junior guard Maegan Conwright was the first sub of the game for UK.
- Kentucky tied three Rupp Arena records:
- 79 field goal attempts
- Nine 3-pointers
- 22 3-pointers attempted
- UK is now 16-0 when scoring 90 or more points under Matthew Mitchell.
- With the game tied two apiece, the Wildcats went on a 23-0 over the next 6:18 to take a 25-2 lead with 13:16 left in the first half.
- Kentucky scored 51 points in the first half. UK has scored 50-plus points in the opening half twice this season. The Cats had 52 against USC Upstate (11/25).
- UK won the turnover battle 21-14 and is 100-27 in the Matthew Mitchell era when committing fewer turnovers than its opponent.
- UK outrebounded DePaul 48-33, marking the largest rebounding deficit for the Blue Demons this season.
- The Wildcats extended their streak of consecutive games with a triple to 300.
- UK had at least four players reach double figures for the fifth time this season.
- Kentucky forced 21 turnovers and has now forced double-digit miscues in 125 consecutive games.
- The Cats are 92-33 during that span.
- UK has forced 20-plus turnovers in all seven games this season and in 37 of their last 43 games dating back to the start of last season.
- Junior Samarie Walker posted her fifth career and second double-double of the season with a game-high 18 points and 10 boards.
- Junior DeNesha Stallworth recorded her 14th career double-double, including second at UK with career highs of 17 points, 13 rebounds and four assists.
- Has reached double-figure points in five straight games.
- Scored her 1,000th-career point with a field goal at the 16:25 mark in the first half. She now has 1,014 career points.
- Stallworth and Walker recorded double-doubles in the same game for the second time this year (Morehead State, 11/23).
- Senior guard A'dia Mathies tied a season-high with 17 points and grabbed a season-best nine rebounds.
- Redshirt sophomore Jennifer O'Neill netted double figures for the first time this year with a season-high 13 points. She also tied a her career high with three triples.