Kentucky-High Point Postgame Notes
Kentucky 80, High Point 46
Nov. 17, 2012
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery |
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 2-1, while High Point falls to 1-2.
- Kentucky is in its 39th year of varsity play and owns an overall record of 658-472 (.582).
- Head coach Matthew Mitchell is in his sixth year and ranks third on the all-time wins list (116-57) and third in winning percentage (.671)
- UK is now 52-19 (.732) in regular season, nonconference games under head coach Matthew Mitchell.
- Kentucky is now 34-16 in the Mitchell era in games following a loss.
- The Wildcats own a 359-140 (71.9) mark in Memorial Coliseum, including a 69-12 (85.2) mark under Mitchell.
- The Cats are 50-2 at home over the last three seasons.
- UK has now won 22 straight home contests – the third-longest winning streak in program history.
- Kentucky has won 33 straight nonconference home games, dating back to Dec. 19, 2008.
- UK is now 2-0 all-time against High Point.
- The Wildcats are now 10-1 all-time against teams form the Big South Conference
First Half Notes
- Kentucky is now 2-1 with the starting lineup of A’dia Mathies, Bria Goss, Maegan Conwright, Samarie Walker and DeNesha Stallworth
- Stallworth recorded the first bucket of the game for the Cats.
- With the game tied at eight apiece, UK went on an 18-2 run to take a 26-10 lead.
- The run lasted from 15:56-8:28.
- The Wildcats ended the first half on a 10-0 run.
- UK shot 16-of-30 (53.3) from the field in the first half
- A’dia Mathies scored17 points in the first half, marking the first player to net 15 or more points in the opening half since Keyla Snowden (16 vs. Mississippi State, 1/8/12).
- Kentucky won the turnover battle 20-9 in the first half for the third straight game.
Second Half Notes
- After High Point scored the first eight points, UK ran off 13 straight to extend its lead to 54-26 with 13:04 remaining.
- Kentucky was14-for-30 (46.7) from the field in the second half.
- The Cats had four player reach double figures for the first time this season.
- UK outrebounded High Point 21-13 in the second stanza.
- Kentucky recorded a season-high 19 steals and equaled a season-best with 32 forced turnovers.
- UK is 39-2 when scoring 80 or more points under Mitchell.
- The Wildcats hit six three-pointers, extending their streak of consecutive games with a triple to 295.
- Kentucky has forced double-digit miscues in 120 consecutive games.
- The Cats are 87-33 during that span.
- Kentucky is now 42-5 when forcing 25 or more turnovers since the 2009-10 season.
- UK has forced 20-plus turnovers in 32 of their last 38 games dating back to the start of last season.
- Senior guard A’dia Mathies scored a season-high 17 points on 3-of-5 shooting from downtown, while recording three rebounds, assists and steals.
- She has 1,480 career points and is now two points shy of tying Stacey Reed (1991-95) at No. 10 on UK’s all-time scoring list.
- Mathies needs just eight more steals to climb into a tie with Rita Adams (267, 1999-2003) at No. 5 on the career charts.
- The senior connected on three triples moving her into seventh place all-time, passing Kristi Cushenberry (110, 1988-92).
- Sophomore center Azia Bishop posted season-highs of 12 points, three steals and two assists.
- Junior forward Samarie Walker recorded a career-high three assists and tied a career-best with three steals, while grabbing a season-high 12 rebounds.
- Redshirt-sophomore guard Bernisha Pinkett netted season-highs with 12 points and four rebounds off the bench.
- Junior guard Kastine Evans posted season-bests with 12 points, two assists and two steals, while equaling a season-high with three rebounds off the bench.