Kentucky-Northeastern Postgame Notes
Kentucky 81, Northeastern 47
Nov. 17, 2011
Box Score |
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 3-0 overall, while Northeastern falls to 0-3.
- This marks the third straight season UK has started 3-0.
- This was the second matchup between Kentucky and Northeastern all-time. UK is now 2-0 against the Huskies.
- Coach Matthew Mitchell is now 119-78 overall and 89-49 at UK.
- Mitchell is two wins shy of moving into a tie for third all-time at UK.
- UK has won 23 consecutive nonconference games at home dating back to the 2008-09 season.
- UK is 32-2 at Memorial Coliseum over the past two seasons.
- UK is 52-12 at Memorial Coliseum under the direction of Mitchell.
- Kentucky is now 631-464 in 38 years of varsity play.
- Kentucky plays again Saturday at 3 p.m. ET against Southern Mississippi at Memorial Coliseum.
First Half Notes
- Kentucky used the starting lineup of Amber Smith, A'dia Mathies, Bria Goss, Kastine Evans and Brittany Henderson. Kentucky is 2-0 with this lineup.
- Brittany Henderson won the opening tip for UK. She is 1-0 on the season on tip-offs.
- After giving up the game’s opening two points, UK went on a dominating 26-4 run to take a commanding 26-6 lead.
- The Wildcats forced 27 turnovers in the first half, and outscored the Huskies 33-6 in points off turnovers.
- It is the second straight game that Kentucky has forced 27 first-half turnovers.
- Kentucky had two separate runs of 10-0 or better.
- Kentucky led 48-14 heading into the locker room.
- The Cats are 2-0 when leading at the half this season.
Second Half Notes
- Keyla Snowden fittingly reached 1,000 points in her collegiate career off a 3-pointer. Snowden hit the 3 with 14:34 on the clock to put the Cats up 63-23.
- Kentucky held the lead comfortably throughout the half.
- UK has started a freshman in 106-of-138 games in the Matthew Mitchell era, including 73 straight.
- Kentucky is 28-1 under Mitchell when scoring 80 or more points.
- UK outscored Northeastern 40-15 in points off turnovers.
- Kentucky forced Northeastern into 37 turnovers and has forced double-digit miscues in 85 consecutive games. The Cats are 60-25 during that span.
- Kentucky is 27-1 when forcing 25-plus miscues.
- Kentucky has forced 115 turnovers in the first three games of the season (38.3 per game).
- With 10 made 3-pointers, UK extended its streak of consecutive games with a triple to 260.
- UK had four players reach double figures scoring.
- Every Wildcat scored who was available to play.
- Attendance was 3,960.
- Junior guard A'dia Mathies scored a season-high 20 points to go along with six rebounds and a season-high four steals.
- Mathies is now 20 points away from becoming Kentucky’s 28th member of the 1,000-point club.
- Mathies now has nine 20-point games in her career.
- Senior guard Keyla Snowden scored 14 points, including four 3-pointers.
- Snowden’s 14 points move her to 1,002 points for her career. She scored 439 points in her freshman season at Akron and has compiled 563 in three seasons at UK.
- Snowden attempted eight 3-point field goals, moving her up to seventh on UK’s career list for 3-point field goals attempted (323).
- Sophomore guard Maegan Conwright tied a career high with five steals.
- Senior guard Amber Smith had four assists for the third consecutive game.
- Smith is 22 assists shy of Tracye Davis (1987-1991) at No. 7 on the all-time assists list.
- Freshman forward/center Azia Bishop scored a career-high 12 points and pulled down a career-high eight rebounds.
- Freshman guard Bria Goss also had a career night, notching career highs in points (11), rebounds (six) and assists (four). Goss also tied a career high with three steals.