Nov. 15, 2009
Recap | Box Score | Quotes | Photo Gallery
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK improves to 2-0 while Butler falls to 0-1.
- UK is now 4-0 all-time vs. Butler and 14-0 against teams from the Horizon League.
- The Wildcats improve to 312-138 (69.3 percent) in Memorial Coliseum.
- UK is now 253-19 (.930) since 1974 when scoring 80 points or more in the game.
- The last time the Wildcats had two consecutive 80-point games was at the beginning of the 2006-07 season.
- UK Hoops hits the road for Morehead State for the first time since 1991, Tuesday, Nov. 17 to meet Matthew Mitchell's former squad. Game time is 7 p.m. EST and will be televised by Wazoo Sports.
Team Game Notes
- For the second consecutive game Coach Mitchell started Amber Smith, Victoria Dunlap, Amani Franklin, Carly Morrow, A'dia Mathies.
- Key Run: Butler tied the game at 52-52 with 12:17 remaining but Kentucky opened the score back open with a 17-3 run keyed by a pair of three-pointers by Rebecca Gray.
- After the two games, the Wildcats are averaging 89.5 points per game.
- Kentucky shot a season-high 34 free throws against Butler, making 24. The Wildcats have already attempted 63 free throws on the season.
- Senior Amani Franklin (13 pts/14 rbs) and junior Victoria Dunlap (33pts/ 18 rbs) each registered a double-double. The last time two Wildcats posted double-doubles in the same game came when Dunlap (16 pts/ 11 rbs) and Carly Ormerod (11 pts/ 10 rbs) did it vs. Georgia on 2/26/09.
- Dunlap also recorded a double-double in the season opener vs. Boston. The last player to record back-to-back double-doubles was Dunlap (21 pts/ 15 rbs) vs. LSU on Feb. 22, 2009 and vs. (16 pts/ 11 rbs) Georgia on Feb. 26, 2009.
Individual Game Notes
- Junior forward Victoria Dunlap tallied a career-high 33 points. Her previous high was 24 vs. Chattanooga on March 19, 2009.
- Dunlap's 18 rebounds were a career-high, surpassing her previous best of 15, accomplished three times as a Wildcat. Dunlap also grabbed a career-best 10 offensive rebounds.
- Dunlap became the first Wildcat to score at least 33 points or more in a game since Bebe Croley posted 40 against Morehead State on Dec. 20, 1987.
- Dunlap's 18 rebounds marked the most caroms by a Wildcat since Jennifer Humphrey's 19 vs. Arkansas on March 1, 2007.
- Dunlap recorded her 15th career double-double to take sole possession of sixth place on the Kentucky career double-double list. It also was her second straight double-double as she had 24 points and 12 rebounds vs. Butler in the season opener.
- Dunlap posted the third 20 points/15 rebounds game of her career, joining former All-American Valerie Still (1980-83) as the only Wildcats to record three or more 20-15 performances.
- With 33 points, Dunlap broke the 700-point mark and has now compiled 708 career points.
- Dunlap hit a career-high 13 free throws on a career-best 15 attempts.
- Dunlap has charted at least one steal in 10 consecutive games and has scored in double digits in eight consecutive games, dating back to last season.
- Senior guard Amani Franklin hit both of her free-throw attempts to extend her streak of consecutive free throws to 22, moving her into a tie for sixth place on UK’s consecutive free-throws made list. She surpassed her previous streak of 21 consecutive free throws, set last season. The school record for most consecutive free-throws made is 27 by Jenny Pfeiffer during the 2005-06 campaign.
- Franklin's 13 points and 14 rebounds marked her first season and fifth career double-double.
- Franklin's 14 rebounds were a career high, including a career-best seven offensive rebounds.
- Sophomore guard Rebecca Gray scored a season-high 10 points, including crucial back-to-back three-pointers in the second half.
- Freshman guard A'dia Mathies added 10 points in the game, her second straight game with double digits.
- Junior point guard Amber Smith rounded out the double-figure scorers with 10 points. She also dished out a game- and season-high six assists.