Nov. 13, 2012
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery |
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky falls to 1-1, while Baylor improves to 2-0.
- UK is in its 39th year of varsity play and owns an overall record of 657-472 (.582).
- UK is now 51-19 (.729) in regular-season, non-conference games under head coach Matthew Mitchell.
- UK is now 57-196 all-time against ranked opponents.
- The Cats are 1-16 all-time against top-ranked teams.
- This was the first meeting between UK and Baylor all-time
- The Wildcats are now 4-7 all-time against the Big 12.
First Half Notes
- Kentucky’s starting lineup included A’dia Mathies, Bria Goss, Maegan Conwright, Samarie Walker and DeNesha Stallworth. This lineup is 1-1.
- Samarie Walker scored the first bucket for UK on a jumper at the 18:46 mark to cut the Baylor lead to 4-2.
- After an A’dia Mathies’ bucket to trim the BU lead to 19-13, the Bears went on a 23-2 run to open up a 42-15 advantage.
- The run including a UK scoring drought from the 7:49-2:43 mark.
- Kentucky won the turnover battle 12-11 in the first half for the second straight game.
Second Half Notes
- UK shot 12-of-36 (33.3%) from the floor in the second half and forced 10 turnovers.
- A’dia Mathies and Azia Bishop fouled out.
- The Wildcats hit five 3-pointers, extending their streak of consecutive games with a triple to 294.
- UK its opponent without a 3-pointer for the second straight game. Baylor was 0-3, while Delaware State was 0-0.
- UK’s 27.1 shooting percentage was the lowest since 21.0% vs. No. 23/25 Xavier on Dec. 2, 2008.
- Kentucky pressured the Lady Bears into 22 turnovers in the game and has now forced double-digit miscues in 119 consecutive games.
- The Cats are 86-33 during that span.
- UK has forced 20-plus turnovers in 31 of their last 37 games dating back to the start of last season.
- Senior guard A’dia Mathies scored 12 points, grabbed four rebounds, dished out four assists and recorded one steal before fouling out with 5:30 to play.
- She is now 19 points shy of tying Stacey Reed (1991-95) at No. 10 on UK’s all-time scoring list.
- Mathies needs just 11 more steals to climb into a tie with Rita Adams (267, 1999-2003) at No. 5 on the career charts.
- The senior connected on a 3-pointer moving her alone into eighth place all-time and needs one more to tie Kristi Cushenberry for seventh (110, 1988-92).
- Mathies moves up to No. 8 all-time in 3-pointers attempted, passing Tiffany Wait (319, 1995-2000).
- Sophomore guard Bria Goss netted 11 points and grabbed a season-high seven rebounds, marking the second straight game with double-figure points.
- Junior center Samarie Walker recorded a team and season-best with nine rebounds.