March 24, 2014
Box Score |
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK improved to 26-8 overall this season.
- Kentucky’s all-time record is 712-485 (.595) in 40 seasons of varsity basketball.
- Matthew Mitchell recorded his 200th career win with tonight’s victory over Syracuse.
- The Wildcats are 386-144 in Memorial Coliseum all-time, including 96-16 in the Matthew Mitchell era.
- UK finished the season 14-4 at home (one game in Rupp Arena).
- Kentucky improved to 78-7 at home over the last five seasons.
- The Wildcats are 16-10 all-time in the NCAA Tournament.
- The win advanced UK to the Sweet 16 for the fifth time in school history, including third consecutive season and fourth time in the last five years.
- Mitchell is in his seventh season as the head coach of the Wildcats and owns a record of 170-70 at UK. Overall, Mitchell is 200-99 in nine seasons.
- He already ranks first on UK’s all-time wins list with 170 and winning percentage (.708).
- Mitchell is now 12-4 in the NCAA Tournament.
- Kentucky is 3-0 all-time vs. Syracuse, including a 2-0 mark in Lexington.
- Next up: The Wildcats will play the winner of Baylor and California in the Sweet 16 on March 29 in South Bend, Ind., at Notre Dame’s Purcell Pavilion. Time is TBA.
- UK started with the lineup of Janee Thompson, Kastine Evans, Bria Goss, DeNesha Stallworth and Samarie Walker.
- Kentucky is 19-5 this season when using this starting lineup.
- UK has hit a 3-pointer in 362 consecutive games.
- The Wildcats have forced double-digit turnovers in 186 consecutive games.
- UK led at the half, 32-25 and is 22-2 this season when leading at the half.
- Kentucky forced 23 Syracuse turnovers.
- UK is 13-1 this season when forcing 20-plus turnovers.
- Of the 23 turnovers, 15 were steals, which were the most since UK had 15 vs. Grambling State earlier this season.
- Five players recorded two or more steals in the game.
- Junior Bria Goss finished with a game-high 17 points.
- Moved up to 26th on UK’s all-time scoring list with 1,046 career points.
- Marks her 18th game of the season in double-figures and sixth in her last seven games.
- Was 11-of-12 from the free throw line, marking the fifth time this season she has made at least 10 free throws in a game.
- The 12 free throw attempts tied a career high.
- Also pulled down six rebounds for the second straight game.
- Senior DeNesha Stallworth scored 10 of her 13 points in the first half.
- Scored 10 or more points in 20 games this season, including eight straight.
- Senior Kastine Evans finished with 11 points, marking her 12th game of the season in double-figures.
- Finished 3-of-4 from 3-point range, tying a career high for 3-pointers made.