March 24, 2013
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery |
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 28-5, while Navy ends its season at 21-12.
- The 28 wins tie the school record set last season.
- UK advances to the second round of the NCAA Tournament for a program-record fourth consecutive season.
- Kentucky is in its 39th year of varsity play and owns an overall record of 684-476 (.590).
- This is the Cats' 10th appearance in the NCAA Tournament and now own a 12-9 (.571) record in postseason play.
- UK is 7-3 in the first round and has won five consecutive NCAA Tournament first-round games.
- This was the first all-time meeting between the two schools.
- Kentucky is now 4-0 vs. teams from the Patriot League.
- UK's starting lineup featured A'dia Mathies, Kastine Evans, Jennifer O'Neill, Samarie Walker and DeNesha Stallworth. This lineup is 8-2.
- Kentucky took its first lead of the game, 25-24 with 2:50 remaining in the first half on a jumper by Stallworth.
- UK opened the second half on a 12-2 run to take a 37-28 advantage.
- The Wildcats used an 8-0 run to extend their lead to 49-35 with 6:37 to play in the game.
- The 20-point win is the largest margin of victory for Kentucky in a NCAA Tournament game.
- The 41 points surrendered by UK is the lowest total for an NCAA Tournament game in school history.
- UK's 16 steals ties the school record for an NCAA Tournament game. The Cats also had 16 steals vs. Liberty (3/20/10).
- Kentucky forced 25 turnovers and is now 11-1 when forcing 25 or more this season. The Cats have now forced double-digit miscues in 150 consecutive games. The Cats are 113-37 during that span.
- The 25 forced turnovers gives UK 793 on the year, which is the fifth-most in a single season in UK Hoops history.
- With three made 3-pointers, the Cats added to their single-season record with 221.
- Kentucky recorded four blocks, upping its single-season record total to 172.
- The Wildcats extended their streak of consecutive games with a triple to 325.
- UK had 16 steals, totaling 398 on the season, which ranks third on the single-season list.
- Junior center DeNesha Stallworth recorded her team-high ninth double-double of the season with 18 points and 11 rebounds.
- With three blocks, she moves into a tie for third on the single-season list.
- Has scored in double figures in 26-of-32 games.
- Redshirt sophomore point guard Jennifer O'Neill scored 12 points and had a career-high five steals.
- O'Neill's five steals ties the UK record for steals in a NCAA Tournament game. Victoria Dunlap also had five steals against Liberty (3/20/10).
- Has reached double figures in 16 games this season, including two straight.
- Junior Samarie Walker scored 14 points in the game, marking her highest point total since scoring 15 points vs. Auburn on Jan. 20.
- Has reached double figures in 16 games this year.
- With one block in the game, she has 51 on the year, the fifth-most in a single season in school history.