Kentucky-Tennessee Postgame Notes
Tennessee 71, Kentucky 70
March 9, 2014
Box Score |
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK fell to 24-8 overall this season, snapping a five-game winning streak.
- Kentucky’s all-time record is 710-485 (.594) in 40 seasons of varsity basketball.
- The Wildcats are 29-36 all-time in the SEC Tournament.
- Mitchell is in his seventh season as the head coach of the Wildcats and owns a record of 168-70 at UK. Overall, Mitchell is 198-99 in nine seasons.
- He already ranks first on UK’s all-time wins list with 168 and winning percentage (.706).
- Mitchell is now 10-7 in the SEC Tournament.
- UK is 10-50 all-time vs. Tennessee, including a 1-6 mark vs. the Lady Vols in the SEC Tournament.
- UK is now 1-3 vs. the Lady Vols in the SEC Championship game.
- Kentucky is 6-4 vs. ranked opponents this season, including 4-4 vs. teams ranked in the top 10.
- Senior forward DeNesha Stallworth and freshman guard Linnae Harper were named to the SEC All-Tournament Team.
- Next up: The Wildcats will now await their NCAA Tournament seeding. Selection Monday is March 17 at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN. UK will host the first and second rounds in Memorial Coliseum on March 22 and 24.
- UK started with the lineup of Janee Thompson, Kastine Evans, Bria Goss, DeNesha Stallworth and Samarie Walker.
- Kentucky is 17-5 this season when using this starting lineup.
- UK has hit a 3-pointer in 360 consecutive games.
- The Wildcats have forced double-digit turnovers in 184 consecutive games.
- UK led at the half, 38-32 and is 20-3 this season when leading at the half.
- Kentucky shot 53.1 percent (17-of-32) from the field in the first half.
- The Wildcats held Tennessee to just 1-of-7 (14.3 percent) from 3-point range for the game.
- The Cats are 67-41 overall in close games (games decided by 10 points or less), including an 11-7 mark this season. UK’s last six games have been decided by 10 points or less.
- Senior DeNesha Stallworth scored 12 of her season-high tying 21 points in the first half.
- Second game this season with 20 or more points.
- Scored 10 or more points in 18 games this season, including nine of her last 10 games.
- Tied a career high with nine made field goals (9-of-14).
- Junior Jennifer O’Neill scored 12 points, marking her 22nd game of the season in double figures.
- UK is 18-4 this season when O’Neill scores 10 or more points.
- She was a perfect 9-of-9 from the free throw line.
- Dished a game-high five assists.
- Freshman Linnae Harper scored 11 points in the first half and 12 for the game.
- Marks her 12th game of the season in double digits and second straight.
- Senior Samarie Walker grabbed a game-high 10 rebounds, her 14th game of the season with double-digits caroms.
- Made and attempted her first career 3-pointer in the second half.
- Senior Kastine Evans has made at least one 3-pointer in 26-of-31 games this season, after going 1-of-1 today.