March 3, 2012
Box Score |
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is now 25-6, while LSU is 22-9.
- LSU leads the series 30-10, including 8-3 in SEC Tournament play.
- UK is now 25-33 all-time in SEC Tournament play, 3-7 in semifinal games.
- UK is 6-5 under Coach Matthew Mitchell in the SEC tourney, including 2-2 in semifinals.
- Coach Matthew Mitchell is now 141-84 overall and 111-55 at UK. Mitchell is 3-6 vs. LSU.
- Kentucky is 653-470 in 38 years of varsity play.
- Kentucky now looks for an at-large bid in the NCAA Tournament. The selection show is Monday, March 12 and the first and second rounds will be played March 17-20.
First Half Notes
- Kentucky used the starting lineup of Maegan Conwright, A’dia Mathies, Bria Goss, Kastine Evans and Samarie Walker for the fourth time this season. The Wildcats are 3-1 with this lineup.
- UK has started a freshman in 133-of-165 games in the Matthew Mitchell era, including 100 straight.
- Tied at six, LSU went on a 10-0 run for a 16-6 lead and led the remainder of the game.
- LSU went to intermission ahead 26-16.
Second Half Notes
- The pace picked up considerably as did both teams’ scoring.
- *After scoring 16 points in the first half, it took UK only 5:35 to score 16 in the second half.
- LSU made their first eight field goals of the second half and did not miss a shot in the second half until 10:31 remained in the game.
- LSU kept pace with the UK scoring spurt, however, and UK got no closer than eight points in the second half.
- UK held LSU without a three-point basket.
- It was the second time in the last four games UK accomplished that feat, also holding South Carolina without a three on Feb. 23.
- Kentucky forced 24 turnovers in the game.
- UK has forced double-digit miscues in 113 consecutive games. The Cats are 82-31 during that span.
- UK has forced at least 20 turnovers in 28 of 31 games this season.
- Kentucky has forced an SEC-high 874 turnovers this season (28.2 per game), also a single-season school record for UK.
- Kentucky has forced at least 10 turnovers in 52 of 62 halves this season.
- Kentucky won the turnover battle (17-24).
- The Wildcats are 22-5 when committing fewer turnovers than the opponent.
- UK leads the nation in turnover margin at +11 per game.
- The Wildcats are now 93-26 when committing fewer turnovers than their opponent in the Matthew Mitchell era.
- The Cats bench outscored the LSU bench 25-10.
- UK is 22-3 when its bench outscores the opponent’s bench.
- With seven made 3-pointers, UK extended its streak of consecutive games with a triple to 288.
- A’dia Mathies led the Wildcats with 18 points.
- Mathies made one three-pointer, giving her 101 as a Wildcat and tying her with Carly Ormerod for 10th place on UK’s career three-pointer list.
- Mathies had three steals, giving her 246 as a Wildcat and moving her into sole possession of sixth place on the UK career list.
- Keyla Snowden had 17 points in both games of the SEC Tournament.
- Snowden made a season-high five three-pointers, just one shy of her career high.
- Azia Bishop netted eight points, second-most against an SEC opponent this season.