Feb. 18, 2010
Box Score |
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 22-4, 10-3 in the SEC while Florida falls to 13-13, 6-7 in the SEC.
- Florida leads the all-time series 22-20 overall, but Kentucky ties the series mark in Lexington at 10-10 with tonight's victory. UK has won the last three meetings over the Gators in Memorial Coliseum.
- UK head coach Matthew Mitchell's overall record moves to 85-65, including a 55-36 mark at UK. His record against Florida improves to 2-2.
- Up next: Kentucky plays host to South Carolina Sunday at 3 p.m. EST. UK's final regular-season home contest will be televised live on FSN (Fox Sport South, Fox Sports Southwest and Sun Sports). Sunday's game marks the final home game for UK seniors Amani Franklin and Lydia Watkins.
- Kentucky broke open a close game with a 25-2 run inside the final 10 minutes of the game. Back-to-back three-pointers from Keyla Snowden extended a 47-45 UK lead to 53-45 at 7:53 remaining. Lydia Watkins scored inside to give UK its largest lead of the game to that point at 55-45 with 6:39 remaining. Florida scored in the paint on a bucket by Susan Yenser before the Wildcats rattled off 17 consecutive points (the most against an SEC opponent this season) to grab a 72-47 cushion with 2:05 to go. Watkins accounted for 11 points during the run while Snowden added eight.
- The victory gives Kentucky its school-record 10th SEC win this season.
- UK's 22 overall wins are the most by the Wildcats since the 2005-06 squad also achieved 22 victories.
- The Wildcats extend their home-win streak to 17 games, the most consecutive home wins since a 19-game streak from Feb. 23, 1982 through Feb. 9 1983.
- Kentucky breaks the school record for the most regular-season wins at Memorial Coliseum with 16. The 1982-83 team went 15-2 at home during the regular season.
- Kentucky forced the Gators into 23 turnovers. It marked the 19 th time this season UK has forced 20 or more miscues in a game, including eight times against SEC foes.
- UK charted 12 steals in the game and has recorded double-digit steals 18 times this season.
- UK improves to 14-1 and 5-1 in the SEC when scoring 70 or more points.
- UK won the rebounding battle 31-30 and improves to 15-0 this season when it out-rebounds its opponent.
- The Wildcats shot an SEC-high 47.2 percent from the floor (25-of-53), including 42.9 percent from beyond the arc (6-of-14).
- The Wildcats shot a season-high 95.5 percent from the free-throw line, making 21-of-22 attempts.
- UK made six three-pointers and has now made a three-pointer in 213 consecutive games, dating back to the 2003-04 season.
- Kentucky turned up the defense in the second half. After allowing the Gators to shot 50.0 percent (13-of-26) from the field in the first half, UK held Florida to 23.1 percent (6-of-26 percent) in the second stanza. The Gators made five three-pointers in the first half and one in the second half.
- UK held the Gators to just 18 points in the second half, marking the lowest scoring output in a half by an SEC opponent this season. The previous low was 21 by Arkansas on Jan. 21 in the first half.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Lydia Watkins, Victoria Dunlap, Amber Smith Amani Franklin and A'dia Mathies for the first time this season .
- UK will go for just its second perfect season in Memorial Coliseum history when it plays host to South Carolina Sunday, Feb. 21 at 3 p.m. EST.
- Sophomore guard Keyla Snowden led all scorers with 21 points off the bench thanks in part to 5-of-5 shooting from three-point range. She made 8-of-11 attempts from the field.
- The 21 points and five three-pointers are SEC highs for Snowden.
- Her five three-pointers are the most in a game since netting six against UT Martin (12/22/09).
- She has made multiple three-pointers in eight games this season.
- Senior forward Lydia Watkins poured in a career-high 19 points on 6-of-9 shooting from the field and a 7-of-7 effort from the foul line. She also grabbed nine rebounds.
- Watkins' seven free throws made and attempted are career highs.
- Junior forward Victoria Dunlap finished with 15 points on 6-of-10 shooting from the field to go with four rebounds, four steals and three blocks.
- Moves into 21st place on UK's all-time scoring list with 1,090 points.
- Ranks seventh place on UK's career rebounds list with 730.
- Ranks third at UK with 112 career blocks.
- Moves into fifth place on UK's career steals list with 81. Dunlap has recorded at least one steal in 33 consecutive games.
- Moves into a tie for fourth place with Sarah Elliott on UK's single season blocks list with 49.
- Has scored in double figures in 24 of 25 games played this season and 30 of the last 31.
- Made her 90 th career start Thursday against Florida.
- Freshman guard A'dia Mathies contributed 11 points to go with five rebounds and two steals.
- Has scored in double-figures in 19 of UK's 26 games and 14 of 16 home games.
- Has scored in double figures in nine of 13 SEC games, including six straight.
- Has pulled down at least four rebounds in 20 games this season.
- Has at least one steal six consecutive games.
- Sophomore guard Crystal Riley handed out a career-high eight assists.