Feb. 11, 2010
Box Score |
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 21-3, 9-2 in the SEC while Georgia falls 19-6, 6-6 in the SEC.
- Georgia leads the overall series 32-12, including an 11-8 advantage in Lexington.
- Kentucky breaks a three-game losing streak to Georgia, including a four-game losing skid in Memorial Coliseum.
- The 16-point win over Georgia marks UK's second-largest margin of victory in the series. UK defeated Georgia 82-61 in the series opener on Jan. 18, 1980 in Lexington.
- UK head coach Matthew Mitchell improves his career record to 84-64, including a 54-35 mark at UK. He evens his record against Georgia all-time at 3-3.
- Kentucky improves its all-time record at Memorial Coliseum to 325-138, including a 35-10 mark under UK head coach Matthew Mitchell.
- Up next: Kentucky travels to the Music City on Valentine's Day to face off with Vanderbilt at 6 p.m. EST. The game will be televised by ESPNU.
- Key run: Kentucky went on a 12-2 run midway through the first half, rallying from a 15-11 deficit to grab a 23-15 advantage at 4:56. Victoria Dunlap had five points, including a conventional three-point play to key the run. UK never trailed again in the contest.
- Kentucky ties the school record for Southeastern Conference wins in season with nine. The 2005-06 Wildcats finished league play with a 9-5 mark.
- UK's current eight-game win streak is the longest in program history.
- UK's 9-2 SEC record is its best 11-game mark in school history.
- With the victory, Kentucky has recorded its most overall wins in a season since compiling a 22-9 record during the 2005-06 campaign.
- UK extends its home win streak to 16 consecutive games following tonight's victory, the third-longest streak in school history.
- Kentucky improves to 3-1 this season against ranked foes, adding to victories over then-No. 17/16 Vanderbilt (63-53) and at No. 18/19 LSU (71-62).
- Kentucky improves to 16-0, 5-0 in the SEC when leading at halftime.
- Tonight's attendance of 6,521 is the third-highest at UK's Memorial Coliseum this season.
- Kentucky improves to 13-0 when forcing its opponent into 20 or more turnovers. Georgia committed 24 turnovers against the Wildcats tonight and 24 against UK on Jan. 7 in Athens. It marks the 17 th time this season a UK opponent has committed 20 or more miscues in a contest.
- The Wildcats have won seven of their last eight games by a double-digit scoring margin.
- UK won the rebounding battle 40-37 and improves to 14-0 overall and 8-0 in the SEC when it outrebounds the opponent. Kentucky has out-rebounded its last five opponents.
- UK made seven three-pointers against Georgia and has now made a three-pointer in 211 consecutive games, dating back to the 2003-04 season.
- The Wildcats held Arkansas to 36.5 percent (19-of-52) from the field and 22.2 percent (2-of-9) from behind the arc. UK has held 19 opponents to under 40-percent shooting from the field this season, including the last eight in a row.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Carly Morrow , Victoria Dunlap , Amber Smith, Amani Franklin and A'dia Mathies . UK has started with this lineup in 23 of 24 games, posting a 20-3 record.
- The Wildcats improve to 16-1, 6-0 in the SEC when holding their opponent under 60 points. It marks the fourth time this season UK has limited an opponent to fewer than 50 points.
- Freshman guard A'dia Mathies tied for game-high honors with teammate Amani Franklin, pouring in 15 points on 7-of-15 shooting to go with five assists, four rebounds and three steals. It marks the third consecutive game Mathies has led all UK scorers.
- Has scored in double-figures in 17 of UK's 24 games and 13 of 15 home contests.
- Has pulled down at least four rebounds in 18 games this season.
- Has hit a three-pointer in nine straight games.
- Senior Amani Franklin tallied 15 points on 4-of-7 shooting with nine rebounds against Georgia.
- It marks Franklin's most points in an SEC game since post 15 against South Carolina on Jan. 14.
- Her nine rebounds are the most since grabbing 10 against Alabama on Jan. 17. She was one rebound shy of her fourth double-double of the season.
- Franklin has scored in double figures in seven games this season.
- Junior forward Victoria Dunlap finished with 13 points and eight rebounds to go with one block and one steal. She made a team-best 7-of-11 free throws.
- Moves into third place on the UK's career blocks list with 108.
- Ranks tied for seventh on UK's career steals list with Leslie Nichols with 74. Dunlap has recorded at least one steal in 31 consecutive games.
- Has scored in double figures in 22 of 23 games played this season and 28 of the last 29 games she's played.
- Moves into sixth place on the UK single-season blocks list with 45.
- Sophomore Rebecca Gray had nine points on a trio of three-pointers with four rebounds.
- Her three three-pointers tied a career high.
- Has made at least one three-pointer in 12 games this season.
- It was her sixth game this season with multiple treys.