Kentucky-South Carolina Notes
Kentucky 66, South Carolina 61
Feb. 10, 2011
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky falls to 18-6 overall, 7-4 SEC while South Carolina improves to 14-10, 6-5 SEC.
- The Wildcats lead the overall series against the Gamecocks 28-18 but now trail 8-13 when the game is played in Columbia. UK has now lost two in a row in the Colonial Life Arena.
- Coach Matthew Mitchell is now 109-75 overall, 79-46 in SEC play, including a 5-3 record all-time against South Carolina.
- The Cats are now 283-320 all-time on the road, including a 21-24 mark under Coach Matthew Mitchell. UK is 12-15 record on the road in conference play under Mitchell.
- Kentucky is now 621-462 in 37 years of varsity play and 128-212 all-time in the SEC.
- Kentucky will return to Lexington for its “WBCA Pink Zone” game as the Cast take on LSU on Sunday, Feb. 13 at 2:30 p.m. EST on ESPN2.
Team Game Notes
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Victoria Dunlap, A’dia Mathies, Carly Morrow, Brittany Henderson and Kastine Evans for the ninth consecutive game. This lineup is now 7-2.
- UK has used 10 different starting lineups this season.
- UK has started a freshman in 93-of-125 games during the Matthew Mitchell era, including 61 consecutive.
- Kentucky held USC without a 3-pointer (0-of-6). The last time UK held an opponent without a 3-pointer was Nov. 25, 2009 vs. Santa Barbara (0-of-10).
- UK's 24 points in the first half tied the lowest point total in the opening half in SEC play this season. The Cats also scored just 24 points against Florida on Jan. 20.
- The Wildcats were 2-of-8 (25.0 percent) from beyond the arc. UK has now hit a three-pointer in 247 consecutive games, dating back to the 2003-04 season.
- The two three-pointers tied the season low. UK also hit just two three-pointers vs. Miami (OH) on Nov. 14.
- UK forced South Carolina into just 14 turnovers, the lowest by an opponent this season. The previous low was 16 turnovers by Duke.
- The Cats have now forced double-digit miscues in 72 consecutive games, dating back to the 2008-09 season, and are now 50-22 during that span.
- USC outscored UK, 21-13 in points off turnovers.
- UK had 18 turnovers compared to USC’s 14. The Cats are 0-3 this season when it commits more turnovers than the opponent.
- The Cats are now 32-27 in the Matthew Mitchell era in games decided by 10 points or less, including 4-4 this season.
Individual Game Notes
- Sophomore guard A’dia Mathies scored a team-high 16 points while recording seven rebounds a game-high four assists.
- Only Wildcat to score at least one point in all 24 games.
- Senior forward Victoria Dunlap recorded 13 points, her 12th consecutive game in double-digits.
- With two steals tonight and 74 on the season, Dunlap moved into a tie seventh on UK’s single-season steals list with Leslie Nichols who had 74 during the 1984-85 season.
- With 17 shot attempts, Dunlap moved passed Jodie Whitaker (1,317 from 1985-89) into sixth-place on UK’s career list for field goals attempted.
- Has scored in double figures 21 times this season and 88 times in her career.
- Sophomore forward Brittany Henderson grabbed a game-high nine rebounds, including eight defensive boards. She also swatted a career-high three blocks.
- Freshman Jennifer O’Neill hit a 3-pointer for the ninth consecutive game.