Feb. 4, 2010
Box Score |
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 19-3, 7-2 in the SEC while Ole Miss falls to 14-8,
5-4 in the SEC.
- Ole Miss leads the series 20-11, including a 10-5 advantage in Lexington.
It was UK's first win over the Rebels in Memorial since 2006 (Feb. 16).
- UK's 14-point win was its largest margin of victory over the Rebels since
a 17-point win (83-66) in the 2003 season.
- The Wildcats have won five of their last six games by a double-digit scoring
- Kentucky's 19 wins on the season are the most since the 2006-07 squad posted
a 20-14 overall record.
- Kentucky's current six-game SEC win streak is the longest in program history.
The previous record was four consecutive wins in 2005-06 season.
- UK improves to 324-138 all-time in Memorial, including a 34-10 mark under
- The Wildcats have now won 15 consecutive games in Memorial Coliseum. It's
the third-longest home winning streak in school history.
- The Cats' 14-0 home record is the best since the 1980-81 team went 15-0.
- UK's seven SEC victories exceed last year's total of five and are the most
since the 2007-08 team was 8-6 in league play.
- UK head coach Matthew Mitchell improves his career record to 82-64, including
a 52-35 mark at UK. His 19 wins this season are the most in a regular season
in his coaching career.
- Kentucky is 594-450 all-time in 36 years of varsity women's basketball
and owns a 116-205 all-time mark in SEC play.
- Up next: Kentucky hits the road to Fayetteville, Ark., on Super Bowl Sunday
to meet the Razorbacks for the second time this season. UK won an earlier
matchup, 69-52, in Lexington.
- Key run: Trailing 6-5, UK went on a 14-2 run midway through the first half
to take a 19-8 lead and never trailed after that.
- UK won the rebounding battle 42-37 and improves to 12-0 overall and 6-0
in the SEC when it outrebounds the opponent.
- Kentucky has outrebounded its last three opponents.
- UK went 6-of-24 from behind the arc and has now made a three-pointer in
209 consecutive games, dating back to the 2003-04 season.
- Kentucky forced 18 Ole Miss turnovers and has now forced all 22 opponents
this season into double-digit turnovers.
- The Wildcats held the Rebels to 32.2 percent (19-of-59) from the field
and 27.3 percent (6-for-22) from behind the arc. UK has held 17 opponents
to under 40-percent shooting from the field this season, including the last
six in a row.
- UK's bench outscored Ole Miss reserves 23-9.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Carly Morrow, Victoria Dunlap, Amber
Smith, Amani Franklin and A'dia Mathies. UK has started with this lineup
in 21 of 22 games, posting an 18-3 record.
- The Wildcats improve to 261-19 (.932) since 1974 when scoring 80 or more
points. UK is 15-1 (.938) under Coach Mitchell when it hits the magic "80" point
- Kentucky is 10-0 when scoring 80 this season.
- UK, which leads the SEC in scoring offense, has scored at least 65 points
in 18 of 22 games this season.
- Kentucky finished with 80 points, the second most for the Wildcats in SEC
play vs. Alabama (88).
- The Wildcats held Ole Miss scoreless until the 16:32 mark and held the
Rebels without a field until the 16:06 mark.
- UK led 41-28 at the half. The Wildcats are 17-0, 5-0 in conference play,
when leading or tied at the break.
- Freshman guard A'dia Mathies finished with career highs in points (21),
field goals made (nine) and tied her career high with six free throws made
and nine free throws attempted.
- Has scored in double-figures in 15 of UK's 22 games.
- Has pulled down at least four rebounds in 16 games this season.
- Has hit a three-pointer in seven straight games.
- Junior forward Victoria Dunlap finished with 18 points and seven rebounds
to go with two blocks and three steals.
- Grabbed her 700th career rebound and is one shy of ninth on UK's all-time
rebounding list with 702.
- Moved to 10th on UK's single-season steals list with 71.
- Has scored in double figures in 20 of 21 games played this season and
26 of the last 27 games she's played.
- Moved to eighth place on the UK single-season blocks list with 41.
- Has recorded at least one steal in 29 consecutive games and moved to
10th on UK's career top 10 list.
- Moved into sole possession of fourth place on UK's all-time blocks
list with 104.
- Junior guard Carly Morrow netted one three-pointer and moved into a tie
for 10th in UK's all-time Top 10 for three-pointers made with 98.
- Has made at least one three-pointer in 17 games this season and leads
UK with 33 treys on the season.
- Junior Amber Smith handed out a game-high six assists. It marked her second-most
assists in an SEC game this season (nine vs. Alabama [1/17/10]).
- Sophomore Rebecca Gray came off the bench for nine points.
- Has hit a three-pointer in 13 of 19 games played this season.
- Scored an SEC career-high nine points, and the most she's scored since
tallying nine against Mississippi Valley State (1/1).
- Senior Amani Franklin had six rebounds and has now pulled down at least
four rebounds in 19 games this season.
- Sophomore Keyla Snowden finished with 10 points and has hit multiple three-pointers
seven times this season. It marked her fifth game at UK in double digits.