Jan. 27, 2013
Box Score |
Photo Gallery |
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 19-2, 7-1 SEC, while LSU falls to 13-7, 3-4 SEC.
- UK returns to action vs. No. 14 Georgia on Sunday, Feb. 3, at 2 p.m. EST in Memorial Coliseum. The game will be televised on the SEC Network.
- Kentucky is in its 39th year of varsity play and owns an overall record of 675-473 (.588).
- UK is 152-217 all-time in SEC play.
- Head coach Matthew Mitchell is in his sixth year and ranks third on the all-time wins list (133-58) and first in winning percentage (.696). He is only five wins away from becoming the all-time winningest coach.
- Mitchell is now 55-29 in SEC games (regular season only).
- UK increased its school record for consecutive home wins to 34. The previous record was 30 set from Feb. 12, 1980 until Jan. 31, 82.
- The Wildcats own a 370-140 (.725) mark in Memorial Coliseum, including an 80-12 (.870) record under Mitchell.
- The Cats are now 62-2 at home over the last three seasons.
- UK is now 34-9 in SEC home games under Mitchell, including an impressive 27-2 mark in the last three seasons.
- Kentucky has won a school-record 15 consecutive SEC home games.
- Kentucky is now 11-30 all-time vs. LSU.
- UK is 5-10 against the Lady Tigers in games played in Lexington, Ky.
- The Cats are now 4-7 vs. LSU under Mitchell.
- UK's starting lineup featured A'dia Mathies, Bria Goss, Jennifer O'Neill, Samarie Walker and DeNesha Stallworth for the 15th straight game. The Cats are now 16-1 with that lineup.
- With UK trailing 23-30 at the 4:18 mark, the Cats went on an 11-3 run to conclude the first half with a 31-26 advantage.
- The five-point halftime lead was UK's largest in the first half.
- The first half featured five ties and seven lead changes.
- UK's bench outscored LSU's 27-6.
- The Cats are now 80-6 when scoring 70 or more points under Mitchell.
- Kentucky has forced double-digit miscues in 138 consecutive games and is 104-34 during that span.
- The Wildcats extended their streak of consecutive games with a triple to 313.
- UK has had at least three players reach double figures 18 times this season.
- Sophomore reserve center Azia Bishop scored a career-high 17 points on 7-of-10 shooting from the field in just 20 minutes of play.
- Junior forward Samarie Walker recorded her ninth career double-double and her sixth this season with 10 points and 13 rebounds.
- Grabbed a career-best 11 defensive boards.
- Tied her career high with three assists.
- Bishop's 17 points off the bench are the most by a Wildcat since Bernisha Pinkett scored 21 against Miami (Ohio) (11/28/12).
- Senior guard A'dia Mathies posted 15 points, marking the 19th time in 21 games she has reached double figures this season, including 12 in a row.
- With five free throws made, she moves to fourth all-time on the career list with 369, passing Samantha Mahoney (268, 2005-08).
- Freshman point guard Janee Thompson came off the bench to record eight points and tie a personal best with three assists.
- Marks the most points scored this season since tallying eight vs. Middle Tennessee State (12/9).