Jan. 15, 2009
Box Score |
Team Records and Series Notes
- The Wildcats improves to 12-6 overall, 2-1 in the SEC while Alabama falls to 12-6, 0-3 in conference play.
- This was the 34 th meeting in the series between Kentucky and Alabama. The Wildcats lead the overall series 19-15 but trail 6-9 in games played in Tuscaloosa. However, UK has now won four of the last five in Coleman Coliseum.
- Kentucky's 12-6 overall record is the best start for the Cats heading into the thick of SEC play since the Cats began 12-4 in the 2006-07season.
- UK is now 571-437 in 35 years of varsity women's basketball, 111-195 against teams currently aligned in the SEC.
- Kentucky returns to Memorial Coliseum Sunday, Jan. 18 vs. Mississippi State on the Big Blue Sports Network/FSN South. Game time is slate for 4 p.m. EST.
Team Game Notes
- The starting lineup of Carly Morrow, Eleia Roddy, Amber Smith, Amani Franklin and Victoria Dunlap improves to 8-4 this season.
- Key Run: Leading by only four points, Carly Morrow scored five straight points to spark a 9-0 run and push the lead to 55-48 with 4:21 to go. The Cats went on to 12-for-14 from the charity stripe in last 2:51.
- Eleven of UK's 18 games have been decided by 10 points or less this season with the Cats now holding a 6-4 record in those games.
- Victoria Dunlap and Eleia Roddy each charted double-doubles in the game. The last time two Wildcats earned double-doubles was vs. Miami (Ohio) on Jan. 3,
- Four Wildcats scored in double-digits. At least three Wildcats have netted double-figures in six consecutive games.
- The five starters scored all 67 points tonight. It marked the first time this season the bench did not score.
- UK won the rebounding battle 43-42. The Cats have either tied or won the rebounding battle in all but three games this season, including 11 of the last 13.
- Kentucky held the Crimson Tide to 33.3 percent shooting. The Cats have held all 18 opponents to 50.0 percent shooting or less this season, including holding 12 opponents to under 40 percent shooting from the field.
- UK held the Tide to just two three-pointers (2-of-21) and 9.5 percent shooting from beyond the arc. It marked the lowest output against the Cats this season. The previous low was Arkansas' 23.8 percent (5-of-21).
Individual Game Notes
- Senior center Eleia Roddy earned her 13 th career and ninth double-double of the season with a career high 19 points and 10 rebounds.
- Roddy, whose nine double-doubles lead the SEC, has pulled down double-figure rebounds 10 times this season.
- Sophomore Victoria Dunlap earned her eighth career and fifth season double-double with 16 points and 12 rebounds in a career-high 39 minutes. Dunlap also had a career-high eight points at the free-throw line with a season-high 10 attempts.
- Dunlap has scored in double-digits 12 times this season and the Cats now hold a 15-5 all-time record when she nets double-figures.
- Sophomore Carly Morrow recorded a career-high 19 points, including a career high-tying four treys. She has hit at least one three-pointer in 14 games this season, including 11 in a row.
- Morrow has hit at least three treys eight times this season, including six games in a row.
- Sophomore point guard Amber Smith dished out six assists and contributed 11 points. Smith hit 7-of-8 from the charity stripe in the last two minutes. She also played a career high-tying 39 minutes.