Jan. 13, 2013
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 16-1, 4-0 SEC, while Missouri falls to 12-6, 1-3 SEC.
- UK begins conference play at 4-0 for the second straight season.
- The win marks the third straight SEC road win for UK, dating back to last season.
- UK returns to action against Mississippi State on Thursday, Jan. 17 at 7 p.m. ET in Memorial Coliseum.
- Kentucky is in its 39th year of varsity play and owns an overall record of 672-472 (.587).
- UK is 149-216 all-time in SEC play.
- Head coach Matthew Mitchell is in his sixth year and ranks third on the all-time wins list (130-57) and first in winning percentage (.695).
- Mitchell is now 52-28 in SEC games (regular season only).
- UK is 21-19 in SEC road games under Mitchell.
- Kentucky has extended its school-record winning streak to 15 games. The streak is tied with Duke for the longest current winning streak in the country.
- Kentucky now leads the all-time series 2-1 vs. Missouri.
- UK's starting lineup featured A'dia Mathies, Bria Goss, Jennifer O'Neill, Samarie Walker and DeNesha Stallworth for the 11th straight game. The Cats are now 13-0 with that lineup.
- The 26-point win was UK's largest margin of victory in SEC play this season and the largest since defeating Mississippi State by +36 on Feb. 26, 2012 (76-40).
- UK has had at least three players reach double-figures in 14 of 17 games this season.
- Kentucky shot a season-best 12-of-12 from the free throw line.
- Missouri, which came into the game leading the nation with 9.9 triples per game, was limited to just two, a season low.
- Missouri's Morgan Eye came into the game leading the country with 4.1 treys per game and was held without a 3-pointer for the first time this season.
- UK opened the game on a 23-4 run in the first 10 minutes.
- The Wildcats extended their streak of consecutive games with a triple to 309.
- UK won the turnover battle 15-11 and is 108-27 under Mitchell when committing fewer turnovers than its opponent.
- Kentucky has forced double-digit miscues in 134 consecutive games.
- The Cats are now 101-33 during that span.
- SEC preseason Player of the Year and senior guard A'dia Mathies scored 14 points, marking the 15th time she has reached double figures this season, including eight in a row.
- Mathies climbed to fifth on UK's all-time field goals made list with 595, passing SeSe Helm (2000-04).
- Today was Mathies' 121st career game played, tying her for eighth all-time in UK Hoops history with Maria Donhoff (1977-81).
- With seven 3-point attempts, Mathies passed Carly Morrow (2008-11) for fifth all-time in UK history with 399 career attemtps.
- Junior center DeNesha Stallworth led UK in scoring with 17 points and had a career-high three steals.
- Has reached double-figures in 15-of-17 games, including 14 in a row.
- Redshirt sophomore point guard Jennifer O'Neill posted double-figures for the sixth straight game, scoring all 11 of her points in the second half.
- Junior Samantha Drake scored a season-best nine points off the bench on 4-of-6 shooting in a season-high 13 minutes.