Kentucky-South Carolina Postgame Notes
South Carolina 68, Kentucky 59
Jan. 9, 2014
Box Score |
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK falls to 13-3 overall, 1-2 in the SEC.
- Kentucky’s all-time record is 699-480 (.593) in 40 seasons of varsity basketball.
- The loss snapped UK’s road winning streak at six consecutive games.
- Mitchell is in his seventh season as the head coach of the Wildcats and owns a record of 157-65 at UK. Overall, Mitchell is 187-94 in nine seasons.
- He already ranks first on UK’s all-time wins list with 157 and winning percentage (.707).
- Mitchell is now 62-33 in SEC play, and 26-22 on the road.
- UK is 31-20 all-time vs. South Carolina and 9-15 in games played in Columbia. UK has lost two in row on the road to the Gamecocks.
- The Wildcats are 2-2 vs. top-10 ranked opponents this season and 26-34 under Mitchell.
- Today’s attendance was 5,689 .
- UK will face South Carolina again on Feb. 20 in Lexington at 7 p.m. ET on the UK IMG Network/FSN.
- Next up: The Wildcats return home to face the Missouri Tigers on Sunday, Jan. 12 at 5 p.m. ET in Memorial Coliseum. The game will be televised on ESPNU.
First Half Notes
Second Half Notes
- UK began the second half with the same starting five that started the game.
- Kentucky faced its biggest deficit of the season in the second half, trailing by 22.
- Janee Thompson scored 10 of her 12 points in the second half.
- UK has hit a 3-pointer in 344 consecutive games.
- The Wildcats have forced double-digit turnovers in 168 consecutive games.
- The 59 points scored by UK were a season low.
- Kentucky shot a season-low 31.5 percent (23-of-73) from the field.
- UK was only 1-of-8 from 3-point range, marking a season low for 3-pointers made.
- The 12.5 percent 3-point percentage also was a season low.
- The Wildcats only turned the ball over 10 times, tying a season best.
- South Carolina’s 14 blocked shots were a season high by a UK opponent this season.
- Junior Azia Bishop recorded her third career double-double and second of the season with 12 points and 11 rebounds.
- Marks her fourth double-figure rebounding effort of the season.
- Fourth game with 10 or more points.
- Back-to-back games with double-digit rebounds.
- Senior Samarie Walker registered 12 points on the night.
- Her 11th double-figure scoring game of the season.
- Senior DeNesha Stallworth finished with 11 points.
- Eighth game with 10-plus points this season.
- Started for the first time since Dec. 6 vs. Baylor.
- Sophomore Janee Thompson scored 12 points to mark her 10th double-figure game of the season.
- Fouled out for the first time this season.