Jan. 6, 2013
Box Score |
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 14-1, 2-0 SEC, while Alabama falls to 10-5, 0-2 SEC.
- UK begins conference play at 2-0 for the second straight season.
- UK returns to action on Thursday, Jan. 10 at 6 p.m. EST vs. No. 24/22 Texas A&M in Memorial Coliseum. The game will be televised on the UK IMG Sports Network and FSN South.
- Kentucky is in its 39th year of varsity play and owns an overall record of 670-472 (.587).
- UK is 147-216 all-time in SEC play.
- Head coach Matthew Mitchell is in his sixth year and ranks third on the all-time wins list (128-57) and first in winning percentage (.692).
- Mitchell is now 50-28 in SEC games (regular season only).
- UK is now 20-19 in SEC road games under Mitchell.
- Kentucky has extended its school-record winning streak to 13 games. Duke is the only other team in the country on a 13-game win streak.
- UK is now 23-16 all-time against Alabama.
- UK is now 8-10 all-time when playing in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- Mitchell is 6-1 all-time vs. the Crimson Tide.
- UK's starting lineup featured A'dia Mathies, Bria Goss, Jennifer O'Neill, Samarie Walker and DeNesha Stallworth for the ninth straight game. The Cats are now 11-0 with that lineup.
- Kentucky is now 291-20 overall and 45-2 in the Matthew Mitchell era when scoring 80 or more points.
- UK had five players score in double figures for the third time this season.
- The Cats had two players record double-doubles in the same game for the fourth time this season.
- Three Wildcats recorded double-digit rebounds in the same game for the second time this season (Morehead State 11/23/12).
- With UK leading 63-54 at the 6:39 mark, the Cats went on a 20-9 run over the next four-plus minutes to extend their advantage to 83-63.
- Kentucky outrebounded Alabama 54-30 in the game, tying its second-largest rebounding margin of the year.
- The Wildcats extended their streak of consecutive games with a triple to 307.
- Kentucky forced 16 turnovers and has forced double-digit miscues in 132 consecutive games.
- The Cats are now 99-33 during that span.
- Senior guard A'dia Mathies scored 17 points and tied a career high with five 3-pointers. She previously hit five against Arkansas on Jan. 5, 2012.
- Scored all 17 of her points in the second half after going scoreless and playing just seven minutes in the first half due to foul trouble.
- The preseason SEC Player of the Year has reached double figures in 13 of 15 games this season, including six in a row.
- Became the first Wildcat to hit the 200-point mark this season.
- First Wildcat to hit five 3-pointers in a game since Keyla Snowden hit five vs. Gonzaga in the NCAA last season on March 25, 2012.
- Junior center DeNesha Stallworth recorded her 17 overall career and fifth double-double at UK with a team-high 19 points and 10 rebounds.
- Tallied 15 of her 19 points in the second half.
- Hit 8-of-8 from the charity stripe.
- Has reached double figures in 13 of 15 games, including 12 in a row.
- Junior forward Samarie Walker posted her eighth career and fifth double-double of the season with 15 points and 13 rebounds on 6-of-8 shooting from the floor.
- Redshirt sophomore point guard Jennifer O'Neill posted double figures for the fifth time this season, including fourth straight with 11 points.
- Scored seven in the decisive second half.
- Dished out a career-high tying five assists.
- Hit 4-of-4 from the charity stripe.
- Sophomore guard Bria Goss charted double figures for the ninth time this year, including second straight with 12 points.
- Equaled a career-high four assists.
- Hit 5-of-5 from the free-throw line.
- Senior forward Brittany Henderson came off the bench to play a season-high 23 minutes, while grabbing a season-best 11 rebounds.