Nov. 26, 2011
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery |
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 5-7 overall, 2-6 in the Southeastern Conference. Tennessee is 5-7, 1-7 in SEC play.
- Today was Senior Day at Commonwealth Stadium. UK honored 22 seniors, including two juniors (Patrick Simmons and Jacob Lewellen) who are graduating and giving up their final season of eligibility.
- Tennessee leads the all-time series 74-24-9 and is 35-14-3 against Kentucky in Lexington.
- With the win, UK snapped Tennessee’s 26-game winning streak over the Wildcats and charted its first win overthe Volunteers since 1984.
- Current UK head coach Joker Phillips was a senior on Kentucky’s 1984 team that was the last squad to defeat Tennessee.
UK Team Notes
- Tennessee won the toss and elected to receive.
- UK’s defense has recorded at least one takeaway in seven straight games.
- Kentucky’s defense forced three turnovers in the game, winning the turnover battle against the Vols, 3-0.
- UK is 8-1 under Joker Phillips in games that the Wildcats win the turnover margin.
- The UK offense recorded 202 rushing yards in the game, the most in SEC play this season.
- The Wildcats’ offense rushed a season-high 56 times for 202 yards.
- UK held the ball for a total of 35:57 seconds, marking the second highest time of possession mark for Kentucky this season.
- Kentucky’s defense limited Tennessee to seven points in the game, marking the fourth time this season UT has scored under 10 points. UT was limited to seven points or less against Alabama, Arkansas and LSU.
- The UK defense recorded a total of five pass breakups in the game, which is a season high.
1st Quarter Summary
- UK-M.Roark completes a 15-yard pass to N.Melillo to the UT44.
- UK-C.McIntosh made a 24-yard field goal. UK 3, UT 0 (4:46)
2nd Quarter Summary
- UT-M.Palardy missed a 46-yard field goal. Blocked by UK-A.Dupree.
- UT-T.Bray completes a 23-yard pass to D.Rogers to the UT34.
- UT-M.Lane rushes for 20 yards to the UK37.
- UT-T.Bray pass broken up on 4th and 4 from the UK31. UK turnover on downs.
3rd Quarter Summary
- UK- Senior linebacker Ronnie Sneed gathered his second interception of the season at the Tennessee 34-yard line.
- UK – Roark rushes seven yards to the Tennessee 27-yard line on fourth down, turning the ball over on downs to UT.
- UT – T. Bray completes 44-yard strike to R. Neal at the Kentucky eight yard line.
- UT- UT fumbles snap in shotgun formation, recovered by Kentucky’s Collins Ukwu at the UK 23-yard line.
- UK – M. Roark on bootleg to his right for 24 yards to the Tennessee 44-yard line. First down Kentucky.
- UK – D. Robinson on a wide receiver reverse for 13 yards and a Kentucky first down.
4th Quarter Summary
- UK – C. Williams carries the ball five yards for a touchdown. UK 10, UT 0 (14:12)
- UT – Bray connects with R. Neal for a 53-yard touchdown reception. UK 10, UT 7 (12:52)
- UK – T. Smith intercepts T. Bray at the UK 46 yard line to seal the UK victory.
UK Individual Notes
- Senior WR Matt Roark made his first start at QB for Kentucky. Roark was 4-for-6 passing for 15 yards and rushed 24 times for 124 yards. All totals are career highs. Roark’s longest completion was a 15-yard toss to tight end Nick Melillo.
- Roark rushed over 100 yards in the game, marking the first time a UK player has rushed for over 100 yards since Coshik Williams gained 111 against Ole Miss earlier this season.
- Junior TB Coshik Williams finished second on the team in rushing with 21 carries for 68 yards and one touchdown. The touchdown by Williams was the lone touchdown of the game for Kentucky.
- Senior safety/linebacker Winston Guy tied a season-high 14 tackles, which he also recorded against South Carolina. Guy finished with 0.5 sacks and two tackles for loss.
- Senior Danny Trevathan finished with eight tackles, 1.5 tackles for loss and two pass breakups. Trevathan ends his UK career ranked 10th all-time on Kentucky career tackle list with a total of 374 stops.
- Senior defensive back Taiedo Smith earned his first start of the season at safety, marking the fourth start of his career. Smith grabbed an interception in the fourth quarter, which was the first of his career.
- Senior linebacker Ronnie Sneed earned his second interception of the season in the third quarter. Sneed finished the game with one tackle and one interception.
- Senior punter Ryan Tydlacka finished the game with nine punts, for an average of 43.6 yards and one punt inside the 20-yard line.