Nov. 9, 2013
Box Score |
USATSI Photo Gallery |
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 2-7 overall, 0-5 in the Southeastern Conference. Missouri, entering the day ranked ninth in the nation, is 9-1, 5-1 in league play.
- The series is tied 2-2.
- Kentucky made a field goal on the first offensive possession. It was the fourth time this season that UK has scored on its first possession, including the second game in a row.
- Kentucky scored a touchdown on its first possession of the second half, also the second game in a row UK began the second half with a score.
- Kentucky lost a fumble in the third quarter, its only turnover of the day, ending the school-record streak of four consecutive games without a turnover.
- Kentucky had a season-high time of possession of 37:26.
- Kentucky returns to action Sat. Nov. 16 as the Wildcats travel to Vanderbilt. Game time is set for 12:21 p.m. EST, 11:21 a.m. CST in Nashville.
- Quarterback Jalen Whitlow completed 17 of 27 passes and tied a career high with 225 passing yards. He also had 225 passing yards last season at Tennessee
- Whitlow rushed for a net 44 yards, including a one-yard touchdown run that is his team-high sixth TD of the year.
- Raymond Sanders rushed for 34 yard and a touchdown today, moving into sole possession of 18th place on the UK career rushing list. He has 1,482 rushing yards as a Wildcat. Sanders also caught four passes for 70 yards today.
- Joe Mansour made his only field goal attempt of the day, a 21-yard kick on UK’s opening possession. Mansour has hit 11 of 12 field goals this season.
- Freshman nickelback Blake McClain tied a career high with seven tackles.
- Linebacker TraVaughn Pascal made five tackles, including a career-high three tackles for loss.
- A.J. Legree caused a fumble on a kickoff return that was recovered by Tre Dunn, the first of his career for each player.
- Tristian Johnson had his second caused fumble of the season, with freshman nickelback Marcus McWilson making the first recovery of his career.
- A.J. Legree made his first collegiate start at wide receiver.