Sept. 28, 2013
Box Score |
USATSI Gallery |
Team Records and Series Notes
- With the loss, Kentucky falls to 1-3, including a 0-1 mark in the Southeastern Conference. Florida improves to 3-1, 2-0 in the SEC.
- Florida leads the all-time series, 47-17, including a 19-10 mark in Lexington. The Gators have now won 27 consecutive meetings in the series.
- Kentucky committed just three penalties for 25 yards, a season-low.
- UK intercepted its first pass of the year, coming from sophomore Josh Forrest.
- UK scored on its first drive of the game for the second time in 2013 and the first since a 61-yard game-opening drive against Miami (Ohio).
- The coaching staffs for each team wore patches to raise awareness and funding for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy research.
- Kentucky returns to action at No. 12 South Carolina on Sat. Oct. 5 at 7:30 p.m. ET. The game will be televised on selected affiliates of the Fox Sports Network.
- Junior OL Max Godby made his first career start at left guard
- Freshman RB Jojo Kemp made his first career start.
- Kemp finished with three carries for 19 yards.
- Senior RB Raymond Sanders rushed five times for 16 yards.
- Sanders needs three more rushing yards to move into a tie with Rod Stewart (1975-78) for No. 25 on the UK career rushing list.
- Sanders caught a season-high equaling three passes.
- Senior kicker Joe Mansour rushed for a 25-yard touchdown in the first quarter, his first career rushing attempt.
- It marked the first rushing attempt for a UK place kicker since Lonas Seiber rushed for a two-yard loss in 2006 vs. Georgia.
- Mansour is the first UK kicker to rush for a touchdown, with immediate, game-by-game records dating back to 1982.
- Sophomore DB Nate Willis had a career-high seven tackles with his first two career tackles for a loss.
- Senior LB Avery Williamson, who leads the SEC in tackles, paced the team with seven tackles. He has a streak of 23 consecutive games with at least three tackles.
- Freshman Blake McClain charted his third pass break-up of the year.
- Sophomore Josh Forrest picked off his first career pass, returning it for 39 yards in the third quarter.
- Freshman WR Ryan Timmons caught a team-high six passes for 40 yards, marking a new career high in receptions and yards.
- Freshman WR Alex Montgomery tied his career-high with four receptions, setting a new career-high with 47 yards.
- Junior DE Alvin “Bud” Dupree had a team-high equaling seven tackles, including half a sack. He has a streak of 19 consecutive games with at least three tackles.
- Dupree notched his first pass break-up of the year and the fourth of his career.
- Dupree has two sacks on the year.