Nov. 12, 2008
Note: Video from today's press conference at 6 PM EST will be streamed for free.
Complete Pregame Notes
With the exhibition schedule complete, the Wildcats open regular season play on Friday, hosting the Virginia Military Institute Keydets at Rupp Arena.
Kentucky ended its preseason schedule with a 2-0 record, posting wins over Missouri-St. Louis (111- 53) and Ouachita Baptist (94-72). Jodie Meeks led the way offensively, averaging 25.0 points while Perry Stevenson averaged a double-double, with 12.5 points and a team high 12.5 rebounds.
Two other Wildcats averaged double-digits including Patrick Patterson (18.0) and Josh Harrellson (11.5).
Kentucky shot effectively from the field at a 54 percent clip, including 44 percent from three-point range.
- Kentucky is in its 106th season of basketball.
- Kentucky is the all-time NCAA leader in wins with 1,966.
- The Wildcats were picked to finish third in the SEC East by select media. Kentucky was picked by two voters to win the SEC Championship.
- Once again, every Wildcat basketball game will be televised live, including both of UK’s exhibition games.
- Patrick Patterson was named a CollegeInsider.com preseason All-American. He was a unanimous preseason First Team All-SEC selection by league coaches, while Jodie Meeks was named Second Team preseason All-SEC.
- Billy Gillispie begins his second season as head coach of the Wildcats, after being named SEC co- Coach of the Year last year as voted on by the league coaches.