Dec. 28, 2011
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery |
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 12-1 and Lamar is 8-5.
- Kentucky leads the series 3-0. The Wildcats are 7-1 all-time against the current lineup of the Southland Conference.
- Kentucky concludes its five-game homestand Saturday at noon vs. Louisville. The game will be televised by CBS.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Marquis Teague, Doron Lamb, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Darius Miller and Anthony Davis for the fourth time this season, including the third-straight game.
- The first basket of the game was a three-pointer by Marquis Teague.
- Third time this season that UK opened the scoring with a 3.
- Extended UK’s streak of three-point shots to 800 consecutive games, the nation’s third-longest active streak.
- Teague’s basket was the start of a 7-0 run for UK to open the game.
- Terrence Jones was UK’s first substitute at the 17:33 mark. Jones sustained a dislocated left- pinkie finger early in the Chattanooga game Dec. 17 and missed the next two games.
- After Lamar closed within 12-10, UK went on a 9-0 run for a 21-10 lead.
- UK gradually stretched the lead to as many as 18 points and led 44-28 at halftime.
- Lamar edged as close as 48-35 but got no closer than 13 points.
- UK led by as many as 26 points at 86-60.
- All five UK starters scored in double figures.
- UK blocked 10 shots. The Wildcats came into the game leading the nation in blocked shots at 9.3 per game.
- UK is 58-1 under Calipari when the opponent scores 67 or fewer points.
- The Wildcats extended their home winning streak to 43 games, the longest active streak in the nation. The run includes the 2009 NIT game at Memorial Coliseum and the last 42 games at Rupp Arena.
- UK is a perfect 42-0 under Coach John Calipari at Rupp Arena, the longest win streak in venue history.
- UK owns a 468-60 all-time record in Rupp Arena.
- Since the 2000 season, Calipari-coached teams have posted a 196-19 record at home.
- In its 109th season of basketball, Kentucky is the NCAA’s all-time wins leader with 2,064 wins.
- Anthony Davis totaled 10 points and 13 rebounds
- Davis’ sixth double-double of the season
- Also blocked six shots
- Terrence Jones returned to action tonight and tallied nine points, six rebounds, two assists and a blocked shot. Jones had sustained a dislocated left-pinkie finger Dec. 17 vs. Chattanooga and missed the next two games.
- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist led the Wildcats with 18 points.
- Has scored double figures in six-straight games.
- Made 8 of 10 foul shots, career bests in both categories
- Darius Miller notched 15 points and six rebounds
- All four of his field goals were three-pointers as he hit 4 of 6 from long range
- Has scored four straight games in double figures
- Marquis Teague had 15 points, one short of his season high