Dec. 21, 2009
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery |
Photo Gallery |
The University of Kentucky is the first team in college basketball
history to reach 2,000 wins.
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 12-0 while Drexel is 6-6.
- Kentucky's 12-0 start is its best since the 1983-84 squad that opened with
12 consecutive wins.
- This is the eighth time in school history that the Wildcats have begun
a season with at least 12 straight wins.
- John Calipari is the only coach to begin his Kentucky career with 12 wins
in a row. Adolph Rupp opened his UK career by winning his first 10 games
in the 1930-31 season.
- This is the 11 th time in John Calipari's collegiate coaching career that
he has had a winning streak of at least 12 games.
- Kentucky's all-time record is 2,000-635-1, a winning percentage of .759.
- This was Kentucky's first men's basketball game against Drexel. The Wildcats
defeated two other "first-time" opponents this season, Sam Houston State
and Cleveland State. Upcoming opponents Long Beach State and Hartford are
also first-time foes.
- The Wildcats are 5-0 against members of the Colonial Athletic Association.
- Kentucky returns to action Wednesday, Dec. 23, against Long Beach State.
Game time is 1 p.m. and it will be telecast on Fox Sports South.
- Kentucky used the starting lineup of John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, Darius Miller,
Patrick Patterson and DeMarcus Cousins for the 11 th consecutive game.
- Kentucky scored on its first seven possessions en route to a 15-3 lead.
Cousins got eight quick points by scoring on four of the first five Wildcat
- UK continued its blazing start and built a 28-7 advantage at the 12:19
- Ahead 35-16, UK put on an 11-0 run for a 46-16 lead.
- The Wildcats stretched the lead to 36 points at halftime, 56-20. It is
Kentucky's largest halftime margin of the season.
- The Wildcats had another strong start, tallying the first 10 points for
a 66-20 advantage.
- Kentucky extended its consecutive free-throws made streak to 31 before
a miss at the 14:33 mark.
- UK enlarged the lead to as many as 51 at 80-29.
- Kentucky shot 53.4 percent from the field, making 31 of 58 shots. It's
the eighth time this season the Wildcats have made at least half their shots
in one game.
- UK made 9 of 13 three-pointers, a season-high percentage of 69.2.
- The Wildcats dominated around the basket, winning the rebounding 45-22
and points in the paint 38-14.
- Kentucky extended its consecutive free throws to 31 until a miss in the
- UK limited Drexel to 30.9 percent from the field. It's the second-best
defensive performance of the season.
- DeMarcus Cousins totaled 18 points and 13 rebounds in just 14 minutes of
- It is his fifth double-double of the season.
- Cousins has made all 13 foul shot attempts over the last two games. Prior
to this stretch, he had made just 54.1 percent of his free throws (33 of
- Patrick Patterson also tied for game-high honors with 18 points.
- John Wall scored 16 and has hit double figures in every game this season.
He also added a game-high seven assists.
- DeAndre Liggins knocked home a pair of 3-pointers, the fourth time in his
career he has hit two long-rangers in one game.
- Ramon Harris notched a season-high nine points.
- Freshman Jon Hood scored five points, his season high.
- Josh Harrellson had five points and three rebounds, tying his season bests
in both categories.