Dec. 12, 2009
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery |
- Kentucky is now 10-0 on the season. Indiana falls to 4-5.
- UK is 30-23 against the Hoosiers.
- Kentucky is 93-56 against the Big Ten.
- The Wildcats are 3-8 all-time in Assembly Hall, claiming their first win the arena since the 1981 season.
- UK's 10-0 start is its best start since opening the 1993 season 11-0.
- Kentucky returns to action next Saturday, returning home for the first time two weeks, hosting Austin Peary. Tip-off is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. with the game being televised on CSS.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Eric Bledsoe, DeMarcus Cousins, Darius Miller, Patrick Patterson and John Wall for the ninth straight game. Kentucky is 9-0 with that starting five.
- After not playing in its road blue uniforms for the first eight games, Kentucky played in its road blue uniforms for the second straight game.
- Indiana won the opening tip. The Wildcats have on the opening tip eight times this season.
- Daniel Orton was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was his team leading sixth time this season to be the first Wildcat off the bench.
- Kentucky extended its streak of game with a three-pointer to 721 games, the third longest streak in the country.
- After a back and forth first half, UK took the lead 49-48 at the 17:16 mark of the second half on an alley-oop from Darius Miller to John Wall.
- The Miller to Wall alley-oop also sparked an 18-0 run for the Wildcats, UK's largest run of the season.
- Kentucky led 42-41 at the half; the Wildcats are 7-0 when carrying a lead into halftime.
- Scored most points in the series since a 99-65 victory over the Hoosiers in the 1997 season.
- The win was number 1,998 for UK, the winningest team in college basketball.
Individual game notes
Head coach John Calipari
- The 10-0 start matches Adolph Rupp for the best start by a UK coach in their inaugural season
#3 Darnell Dodson
- Converted his first three-point play this season.
#11 John Wall
- Finished with 11 points, the ninth straight game he has scored in double-digits.
- Pulled down a season high seven rebounds.
- Also dished out eight assists.
#15 DeMarcus Cousins
- Finished with 12 points and six rebounds in the second half and is currently averaging 9.6 points and 5.8 rebounds in the second half this season.
- Recorded eighth multi-block game this season.
#24 Eric Bledsoe
- Finished with 23 points, the most since tallying 24 in the season opener against Morehead State
- Scored 20 points for the second time this season.
- Four three-pointers was most since hitting five against Sam Houston State (11/19)
- Recorded first dunk of the season.
#33 Daniel Orton
- Tied season high with two steals
- Fouled out for the second consecutive game
#34 DeAndre Liggins
- Saw his first action of the season
#54 Patrick Patterson
- Moved to 40 th on UK's all-time scoring list with 1,185 points
- Scored in double-digits in five straight games and nine of 10 games this season.
- Reached double-figures in the first half for the second time in three games and the fourth time this season.
- Recorded team and SEC leading fifth double-double of the season. It was his 26 th career double-double, tied for ninth most in UK history.