Dec. 10, 2009
Box Score |
- Kentucky is now 9-0 on the season. UConn falls to 6-2.
- UK is 1-1 against the Huskies.
- Kentucky is 164-70 against the Big East.
- The Wildcats are 10-3 all-time in Madison Square Garden.
- UK is 39-16 in the New York metro area.
- UK's 9-0 start is its best start since opening the 1993 season 11-0.
- Kentucky returns to action on Saturday in its first true road game, traveling
to Blooming, Ind. to take on the Indiana Hoosiers. Tip-off is scheduled for
noon with the game being televised on CBS.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Eric Bledsoe, DeMarcus Cousins,
Darius Miller, Patrick Patterson and John Wall for the fifth straight game.
Kentucky is 8-0 with that starting five.
- Kentucky played it is road blue uniforms for the first time this season.
- UK won the opening tip. The Wildcats have on the opening tip eight times
- Ramon Harris was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was his fourth
time this season to be the first Wildcat off the bench.
- Kentucky opened the game on a 12-0 run.
- The Wildcats didn't allow UConn a point until the 15:42 mark of the first
- UK trailed 29-23 at the half. It was the third time this season the Wildcats
have trailed at halftime. UK is 3-0 when trailing at the half.
- UK extended its string of 720 consecutive games making a three-pointer.
- This was the first time Kentucky had two players foul out this season.
- The win was number 1,997 for UK, the winningest team in college basketball.
Individual game notes
- Scored in double-digits for the eighth straight game
- Tied career high with six steals
- Six steals ties for third most by a UK freshman.
- Has 15 steals in last three games
- Recorded his fourth 20-point game this season
- After tallying no points and three rebounds in the first half, recorded
10 points and seven rebounds in the second half to finish with 10 points
and 10 rebounds for the game and his fourth double-double, tying Patrick
Patterson for most on the team and most in the SEC.
- Fouled out for the first time this season.
- Fouled out for the second time this season
- Moved to 42 nd on UK's all-time scoring list with 1,166 points
- Scored in double-digits in four straight games and eight of nine games