Dec. 8, 2012
Box Score |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 6-3 on the season and Portland is 3-6.
- Kentucky leads the series 4-0, including 3-0 in Lexington.
- UK is now 7-1 all-time against teams from the current alignment of the West Coast Conference.
- Following this week's final examinations, UK continues its five-game homestand Saturday against Lipscomb. The game will be at 12:30 and will be televised on ESPN2.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Archie Goodwin, Julius Mays, Alex Poythress, Kyle Wiltjer and Nerlens Noel for the eighth-consecutive game.
- Tied at 10, Kentucky broke the deadlock with a 16-0 run to make it 26-10. UK held Portland scoreless for more than five and one-half minutes during that stretch.
- The teams played evenly after that and the Wildcats took a 35-20 lead into halftime. UK is now 6-0 this season when leading at the half, 0-3 when trailing.
- Portland got off to a good start and whittled the lead to 10 points at 39-29.
- Kentucky responded with a 9-0 run to push the lead to 48-29. UK led comfortably the remainder of the way.
- Kentucky held Portland to 46 points. UK is 25-0 under Coach John Calipari when limiting opponents to 55 or fewer points.
- Portland shot 27.1 percent from the field, the Wildcats' best defensive showing of the season. Kentucky is 4-0 this season when holding the opponent under 40 percent.
- Kentucky dominated points in the paint 42-16.
- Kentucky had a season-high 12 blocked shots, fifth time this season UK has reached double figures in rejections.
- Archie Goodwin tied for scoring honors today with 15 points, including three monster dunks in the closing minutes of the game.
- Goodwin added eight rebounds, one away from his season high.
- Goodwin had four assists and has at least four assists in six-straight games.
- Alex Poythress shared scoring honors today with 15 points on 6-of-8 shooting.
- He is now shooting 69.1 percent on the season.
- Nerlens Noel totaled seven points, nine rebounds and a season-high seven blocked shots.
- Noel has at least six rebounds in every game this season.
- Julius Mays had 13 points, the fifth time in the last six games he has scored in double figures.
- Made the 100th 3-pointer of his collegiate career
- Has made at least one 3-pointer in every game this season
- Kyle Wiltjer had 12 points, his second-straight game in double figures.
- Ryan Harrow posted season highs with eight points, four rebounds and six assists.
- Harrow has 10 assists over the last two games.