Nov. 26, 2011
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery |
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 6-0 and Portland is 2-4.
- Kentucky leads the series, 3-0, and is 7-1 all-time against teams from the West Coast Conference.
- UK returns to action with a home game Thursday, at 7:30 p.m. against St. John's. The game will be televised on ESPN2.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Marquis Teague, Doron Lamb, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Terrence Jones and Anthony Davis for the fifth-straight game.
- After exchanging leads early, Kentucky took the lead for good, 8-7, at the 14:35 mark on a dunk by Teague.
- Ahead 13-12, UK went on an 18-3 run for a 31-15 lead. Seven different Cats scored during the 18-3 spurt.
- Kentucky led 38-26 at halftime.
- The Pilots got hot early in the second stanza and pulled within six at 43-37.
- At the 15:51 mark, within a span of 27 seconds:
- Terrence Jones canned a pair of foul shots
- Jones stole the ball on the press, which led to an Anthony Davis dunk
- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist stole the ball on the press, dunked and was fouled for a three-point play
- That sequence ignited a 15-2 spurt that put UK comfortably ahead for good, 58-39.
- In its 109th season of basketball, Kentucky is the NCAA's all-time wins leader with 2,058 wins.
- The Wildcats extended their home winning streak to 37 games, including the 2009 NIT game at Memorial Coliseum and the last 36 games at Rupp Arena.
- UK is a perfect 36-0 under Coach John Calipari at Rupp Arena, the longest win streak in venue history.
- UK owns a 462-60 all-time record in Rupp Arena.
- Marquis Teague hit the first 3-pointer of the game for UK to extend the Wildcats' made 3-point streak to 793 consecutive games. That streak is the third-longest in the nation.
- Since the 2000 season, Calipari-coached teams have posted a 190-19 record at home.
- Turnovers were a key stat for the Cats tonight as UK forced 17 miscues while committing only four. UK dominated points off turnovers, 22-5.
- Kentucky also got to the foul line 35 times and outscored Portland at the charity stripe, 24-6.
- Kentucky's size also helped control points in the paint, 34-18.
- Five Wildcats scored in double figures, the fourth time in six games that has occurred.
- Terrence Jones and Darius Miller led the Wildcats with 19 points apiece.
- Both shot well from three-point land as Miller made 4-of-5 and Jones hit both of his attempts.
- Anthony Davis notched 13 points and a season-high 12 rebounds, his second double-double of the season
- Marquis Teague had 14 points and a season-high eight assists.
- Darius Miller tallied a season-high 19 points, including 4-of-5 on 3-point shooting.