Kentucky-UT Arlington Postgame Notes
Kentucky 105, UT Arlington 76
Nov. 19, 2013
Box Score |
Team Records, Notes
- Kentucky is 4-1 and UT Arlington is 2-3.
- This was the first meeting between the teams.
- Kentucky is now 10-3 all-time against teams currently comprising the Sun Belt Conference.
- Kentucky continues the Keightley Classic on Monday as the Wildcats play host to Cleveland State. Game time is 7 p.m. and it will be televised on the Fox Sports Network.
- Kentucky started five freshmen for the second game in a row – Andrew Harrison, Aaron Harrison, James Young, Julius Randle and Marcus Lee.
- Tied at 4, Kentucky went on a 10-0 run for a 14-4 lead. Young scored the final eight points in the run.
- UK led 21-8 when UTA responded with its own 9-0 spurt to close within 21-17.
- UTA nailed a pair of 3-pointers, narrowing the advantage to 28-25, prompting a UK timeout at the 6:02 mark. The Wildcats responded with a 12-0 surge to make it 40-25.
- UK went to halftime ahead 42-33 and Young was the leading scorer with 15 points.
- Kentucky opened the second half with seven points in the first minute for a 49-33 lead.
- UK stretch the lead to 29 points in winning 105-76.
- Kentucky used its size advantage to dominate rebounding, 46-34, and points in the paint, 48-34.
- UK has outrebounded every opponent this season by at least 12 boards.
- Kentucky scored 100 points for the first time since Nov. 23, 2012, when the Wildcats tallied 104 vs. LIU Brooklyn.
- UK’s 105 points is the second-most in the Calipari era, trailing only the 108 scored against Marist on Nov. 11, 2011.
- UK shot 50.7 percent from the field (35 of 69), second time this season over 50 percent.
- Eight 3-pointers made is a season high for UK, as is the 3-point percentage of 42.1 (8 of 19).
- Seeing 20-20: UK has had at least one player score at least 20 points in every game this season but this was the first game that two Cats reached 20.
- UK forced three shot-clock violations – seven on the season, surpassing by one the total for the entire 2012-13 season.
- Kentucky has made a 3-point shot in 864 consecutive games, third-longest streak in the nation.
- Julius Randle has a double-double in all five games this season, totaling 22 points and 10 rebounds tonight.
- Other Wildcats who have begun a season with at least five consecutive double-doubles include Jim Andrews (seven games), Dan Issel (five in two separate seasons) and Cotton Nash (five).
- It was his fourth 20-10 game of the season.
- He also had a season-high four assists.
- James Young scored 26 points, his highest-scoring game as a Wildcat.
- Young made his first four field goals (including three 3s) and first four foul shots in scoring 15 of UK’s first 28 points.
- Willie Cauley-Stein had 14 points and 10 rebounds, his first double-double of the season and fifth of his career.
- Andrew Harrison notched 15 points and six assists, season highs for him in both categories.
- Marcus Lee had an efficient night with 10 points on 4-of-5 shooting and making both foul shots. He also had a game-high three blocked shots.
- Dakari Johnson tied his season best with eight points and had a season-high eight rebounds.