Nov. 14, 2012
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery |
- Duke improves to 2-0 on the season following a 75-68 victory over Kentucky. The Wildcats fall to 1-1 on the year with the loss.
- Despite the loss, Kentucky still leads the overall series by an 11-9 mark. Duke has won seven of the last eight matchups. UK coach John Calipari is now 0-2 against Duke.
- Kentucky’s record against schools comprising the Atlantic Coast Conference drops to 127-62. UK is 1-1 against ACC schools this season. Calipari’s record against the ACC now stands at 18-11.
- Kentucky’s record in the Atlanta area moves to 68-30.
- Tonight’s loss is the first as the No. 3 ranked team under Calipari as UK is now 17-1. Kentucky’s overall record as the No. 3 ranked team stands at 150-33.
- Kentucky returns to action on Friday, Nov. 16 when UK will open its home slate at Rupp Arena vs. Layfatte (Pa.) as a part of the Barclay’s Center Classic. The game is slated for a 7 p.m. ET tip. It begins a stretch of three-consecutive games at home.
Team Game Notes
- UK used the starting combination of Archie Goodwin, Julius Mays, Nerlens Noel, Alex Poythress and Kyle Wiltjer for the first time this season. UK started three freshmen for the second-straight contest.
- Freshman Willie Cauley-Stein was the first sub off of the bench for the Wildcats. It marks the first time in his career he’s been the first sub.
- Kyle Wiltjer connected on Kentucky’s first 3-point attempt of the game in the opening minutes of the first half to extend UK’s 3-point streak to 829 consecutive games which is a mark that ranks as the third longest such streak in the nation.
- UK trailed 33-31 at the half. It is the first time this season it has trailed at the break.
- Kentucky shot 49 percent for game from the field (25-51). UK limited Duke to a 45.6 (26-57) field goal percentage. UK has now out-shot its opponent in both games this season.
- The Wildcats shot 4-10 (.400) from the 3-point line. UK has notched a percentage of 40 or better in both games this season.
Individual Player Notes
- Logged a career-high 16 points, topping the career mark in the first half with eight opening-half tallies. His previous high was four vs. Maryland.
- He scored in double-figures for the first time in his career.
- Connected on a career-high 6-of-8 free throws.
- Has posted two or more steals and at least one block in both of his two career games. He had four swipes and three rejections tonight.
- Led the Wildcats with eight rebounds. He has paced the Wildcats on the boards in both games this season.
- Played in a career-high 38 minutes which ranked as the most on the squad.
- Matched a career high with 16 points.
- Became the eighth freshmen under John Calipari to score in double-figures in his opening two career games.
- Had a career-high six rebounds.
- Led the team with four assists.
- Made at least one 3-pointer in both of his two career games.
- Posted a career-high 20 points to lead all Wildcat scorers. He is the first UK player to score at least 20 points this season.
- Scored in double-figures for the first time in his career and reached that milestone with 10 in the opening stanza.
- Made his first career 3-pointer to bring UK within three at 29-26 in the first half.
- Led the Wildcats with eight rebounds. It is the first time this season he has led the team in rebounding. Five of those boards came on the offensive glass.
- Set a new career-high with a team-best four assists.
- Has hit at least one 3-point shot in six of his last seven games played including both games this season.
- Recorded his first-career dunk in the second half to bring the Cats within 10 at 58-48.
- Has hit at least one 3-pointer in both career games at Kentucky.
- Tallied seven points in both of UK’s games this season.
- Had five-straight points to pull UK within 64-59 late in the second half.