Kentucky-Northern Kentucky Postgame Notes
Kentucky 93, Northern Kentucky 63
Nov. 10, 2013
Box Score |
Team Records, Notes
- Kentucky is 2-0 and Northern Kentucky is 0-2.
- This was the first official meeting, although the teams played an exhibition game in 2004.
- Kentucky is now 11-3 all-time against teams currently comprising the Atlantic Sun Conference.
- Kentucky returns to action Tuesday vs. Michigan State in Chicago in the State Farm Champions Classic. Game time is 7:30 p.m. and it will be televised on ESPN.
- Kentucky has started the lineup of Andrew Harrison, Aaron Harrison, James Young, Julius Randle and Willie Cauley-Stein in both games this season.
- Kentucky scored the first four points of the game and never trailed.
- UK put the game away with a 13-0 run to go up 29-10 and the Wildcats led by double digits the rest of the way.
- The Wildcats went into halftime ahead 48-22. Randle had a double-double in the first half with 11 points and 10 rebounds.
- Kentucky led by as many as 36 points in the second half en route to the 93-63 victory.
- UK used its size advantage to dominate the rebounding, 51-23, and points in the paint, 36-18.
- The Norse, who hit 13 of 26 three-point shots in the opener against Purdue, were limited to 9 of 35 (25.7 percent) this afternoon.
- Under Coach John Calipari, UK is 76-3 when holding the opponent to 63 or fewer points.
- Kentucky has made a three-point shot in 862 consecutive games, third-longest streak in the nation.
- Julius Randle has a double-double in both games this season, totaling 22 points and 14 rebounds this afternoon. He also led the Wildcats in assists with three.
- Randle has scored 45 points in two games, more than any other UK freshman in his first two games under Coach Calipari. The previous high was John Wall, who totaled 40 in his first two games.
- Randle is the first Wildcat to have consecutive 20-point, 10-rebound games since Patrick Patterson in Dec. 2008.
- Note on Randle – a statistical update from Friday night – he has been credited with one additional rebound, giving him 16 for the Asheville game.
- Willie Cauley-Stein had seven points and 11 rebounds, the sixth double-figure rebounding game of his career.
- Aaron Harrison picked up 16 points and has tallied double figures in both games.
- Andrew Harrison had his first double-figure scoring game with 13 points.