Kentucky-Transylvania Postgame Notes
Kentucky 74, Transylvania 28
Nov. 5, 2012
Box Score |
Team Records and Series Notes
- This was Kentucky’s final exhibition game.
- This was the second-straight year that Kentucky and Transylvania played an exhibition.
- From 1903-11, the teams played 14 regular-season games and split seven each.
- Kentucky has won its last 20 exhibition games.
- UK opens the regular season Fri. Nov. 9 against Maryland in the Barclays Center Classic in Brooklyn, N.Y. The game is at 8:30 p.m. and will be televised by ESPN.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Ryan Harrow, Archie Goodwin, Alex Poythress, Kyle Wiltjer and Nerlens Noel.
- Harrow opened the scoring with a three-pointer on the game’s first possession.
- Kentucky never trailed but the Pioneers stayed within striking distance.
- UK was ahead 17-8 when Transylvania went on an 8-0 run to close within 17-16. The Wildcats responded with a 10-2 flurry to end the half with a 27-16 lead.
- Kentucky dominated the second half, 47-10.
- The Wildcats led by as many as 46 points at 72-26 and the final score of 74-28.
- Kentucky shot 59.2 percent from the field, including 71.4 percent in the second half.
- The Wildcats made 90 percent of their foul shots, 9 of 10.
- Kentucky won bench points, 28-2.
- Nerlens Noel made 7 of 8 shots from the field and led all scorers with 15 points.
- Julius Mays sparked the Wildcats early in the second half with a trio of three-pointers. He finished with 14 points and a game-high five assists.
- Ryan Harrow and Willie Cauley-Stein each had 12 points.
- Archie Goodwin scored 10 points and corralled a game-high six rebounds.