Kentucky-Northwood Postgame Notes
Kentucky 93, Northwood 61
Nov. 1, 2012
Box Score |
Team Records and Series Notes
- This was the first of Kentucky’s two exhibition games.
- This was Kentucky’s first matchup against Northwood, the 2012 NAIA Division II runner-up.
- Kentucky has won its last 19 exhibition games.
- The Wildcats complete preseason play Mon. Nov. 5 at home against Transylvania. The game is at 8 p.m. and will be televised live on Fox Sports South.
- Kentucky also played Transylvania last year, defeating the Pioneers 97-53 on Nov. 2, 2011.
- UK opens the regular season Fri. Nov. 9 against Maryland in the Barclays Center Classic in Brooklyn, N.Y. The game is at 8:30 p.m. and will be televised by ESPN.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Ryan Harrow, Archie Goodwin, Alex Poythress, Kyle Wiltjer and Nerlens Noel.
- Northwood scored on the first possession on a jumper by Ra’Shad James.
- Kentucky went ahead for good, 12-11, on a tip-in by Willie Cauley-Stein at the 12:15 mark.
- Leading 14-13, UK went on a 9-0 run for a 23-13 advantage and the Seahawks got no closer than seven points after that.
- Kentucky led 40-25 at halftime when Julius Mays sank a three-pointer in the closing seconds. Goodwin led all scorers in the opening stanza with 14 points.
- UK stretched the lead to 25 points at 65-40 before Northwood got a 7-0 run to make it 65-47.
- The Seahawks got no closer as UK countered with a 12-1 spurt for a 77-48 advantage.
- UK stretched the lead to as many as 35 points on two occasions before settling for the 32-point triumph.
- Kentucky had a good shooting night in its first exhibition, canning 61.4 percent from the field, including 66.7 percent (6 of 9) on three-pointers.
- All five starters tallied double-figure scoring.
- Kentucky won the rebounding 42-30 and points in the paint, 48-22.