Kentucky-Pikeville Postgame Notes
Kentucky 97, Pikeville 66
Nov. 1, 2010
Box Score |
- Tonight’s attendance: 21,127
- Kentucky leads the exhibition series with Pikeville, 2-0. The Wildcats also defeated the Bears, 99-64, on Oct. 31, 2007.
- Kentucky has its second preseason game Friday, Nov. 5, vs. Dillard University in Rupp Arena. Game time is 7:00 p.m. and it will be televised by Fox Sports South and the Big Blue Sports Network.
- Kentucky opened with Darius Miller, Terrence Jones, Brandon Knight, Doron Lamb and DeAndre Liggins.
- Miller opened the scoring with a short jumper with 19:27 on the clock.
- There were six lead changes in the early going. Pikeville had its biggest lead at 13-10 when Brandon Knight scored six straight points to give the Wildcats a lead they would not relinquish.
- Kentucky opened its lead to as many as 17 points (38-21) before settling for a 43-27 advantage at intermission.
- Knight led all scorers in the first half with 16 points.
- Pikeville edged as close as 11 points at 47-36 but got no closer.
- The lead stretched to 19 at 69-50 with 9:20 to play Darius Miller scooped an alley-oop pass for a Terrence Jones dunk.
- Kentucky extended the lead to 31 points at the final score of 97-66.
- Kentucky had a robust night at the free throw line. The Wildcats made 44 of 56 foul shots, 78.6 percent.
- If this had not been an exhibition game, 44 free throws made is only two short of the school record of 46.
- The 56 attempts would have tied the school record for one game.
- Brandon Knight led all scorers with 22 points.
- Darius Miller posted a double-double with 21 points and a game-high 10 rebounds. In a non-exhibition game, 21 points would have been a career high and 10 boards would have tied his career best.
- Four Wildcats placed in double-figure scoring, including Knight, Miller, DeAndre Liggins (18) and Doron Lamb (16). Liggins’ 18 points would have tied his career high.