March 24, 2012
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery |
- Kentucky moves to 35-2, while Indiana drops to 27-9.
- The Wildcats are 32-24 all-time against Indiana and 3-1 against the Hoosiers in the NCAA Tournament.
- Kentucky is tied for the most NCAA Tournament wins in the history of the tournament with 108.
- UK is now 108-46 in NCAA Tournament games.
- The Wildcats are 33-11 in NCAA Tournament regional semifinal games.
- Kentucky is 67-29 all-time in Atlanta and 4-2 in NCAA Tournament games played in Atlanta.
- The Wildcats have advanced to the Elite Eight three-straight years.
- Head coach John Calipari is now 35-13 in the NCAA Tournament.
- The Wildcats play Baylor in the Elite Eight on Sunday at 2:20 p.m. on CBS.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Terrence Jones, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Doron Lamb, Anthony Davis and Marquis Teague for the 26th time this season. UK is 25-1 with that starting five.
- Darius Miller was the first sub off the bench for UK. It was his 24th time as the Wildcat sixth man.
- Kentucky extended its streak of games with a 3-pointer to 824 games, the third-longest streak in the country.
- With four blocked shots, the Wildcats set the all-time NCAA team blocks list with 317.
- The Wildcats led 50-47 at the half, the 29th time this season UK has led at halftime. Kentucky is 29-0 when leading at halftime.
- 50 first-half points is the most for UK since they scored 52 in the first half against South Carolina on Feb. 4.
- Indiana shot 58.1 pct. in the first half, the highest first-half percentage by an opponent this season.
- UK’s 102 points was most in a regional semifinal for the Wildcats since ’93 vs. Wake Forest when Kentucky won 103-69.
- At one point during the game, Kentucky his 17 consecutive free throws.
- The Wildcats finished 94.6% (35-37) from the free throw line. That percentage is an NCAA Tournament record with a minimum of 30 attempts.
- The last time Kentucky scored 100 points in a game was in the season-opening win against Marist.
- The Hoosiers shot 52.2 percent from the field and were the first UK opponent to shoot 50 pct. from the field since UConn in the 2010 Maui Invitational.
- Kentucky hit the century mark in an NCAA Tournament game for the first time since scoring 100 points in the first round against East Tennessee State in the 2010 tournament.
- 102 points was the most for a UK team in the NCAA Tournament since the ’96 team totaled 110 points in the first round against San Jose State.
- It was the 10th most points in an NCAA Tournament game for the Wildcats in school history.
Individual game notes
- Finished with 19 points pushing his career total to 1,222 points, placing him 37th on the UK all-time scoring list.
- Ranks 10th on UK’s all-time 3-point field goals list with 173.
- Averaging 14.7 points and 4.3 rebounds in NCAA Tournament.
- With 12 points, Jones sits in 41st on UK’s all-time scoring list with 1,037 career points.
- Scored 12 first-half points, the ninth time this season he’s tallied double-digits in the first half.
- Has scored in double-figures in six of last seven games.
- Scored 11 first-half points, the seventh time this season he’s gone for double-digits in the first half.
- Averaged 21 points and 9.5 rebounds vs. Indiana this year.
- Tied a season high with 24 points.
- Recorded his seventh double-double of the season, four have come against ranked teams.
- With 21 points moved to within 28 points of his 1,000th career point.
- Averaged 20 points vs. Indiana this year.
- With three blocks, is tied for third on the NCAA all-time freshman block list with169.
- Also sits in third on the SEC single-season blocks list.
- Picked up two early fouls and saw only six minutes of action in the first half.
- Finished with seven assists to only two turnovers. In last 19 games, has 104 assists to 44 turnovers, Teague boasts a 2.3 assist-to-turnover ratio.
- Started NCAA Tournament with four dunks … has a dunk in each of Kentucky’s first three games in the tournament.
- Averaged 14.5 points and six assists vs. Indiana this year.