March 12, 2011
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery |
- Kentucky won its fifth-straight SEC Tournament game and improves to 24-8 on the season. Alabama falls to 21-11.
- The Wildcats are 101-36 all-time against the Crimson Tide and 13-2 against Alabama in the SEC Tournament.
- Kentucky lost to Alabama in the regular season, 68-66 in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- UK improves to 116-22 all-time in the SEC Tournament and 21-7 in SEC Tournament games held in Atlanta.
- The Cats are now 36-2 in SEC Tournament semifinal games and 5-0 against Alabama in the semifinal round of the tournament. UK is also 6-0 in semifinal games played in the Georgia Dome.
- UK has now won 43 of its last 51 SEC Tournament games.
- Kentucky will be in action again Sunday, March 13 at 1 p.m. EST vs. either Florida or Vanderbilt. The game will be televised on ABC.
- It will mark UK’s 36th appearance in the SEC Tournament finals. The Cats own a 27-8 mark in the championship game.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Darius Miller, Terrence Jones, Brandon Knight, Doron Lamb and Josh Harrellson for the seventh-straight game. UK is 6-1 with that starting lineup.
- DeAndre Liggins was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was his seventh time to be the first Wildcat off the bench.
- Kentucky extended its streak of games with a 3-pointer to 781 games, the third longest streak in the country.
- The Wildcats led 37-21 at halftime. UK is 21-2 this season when leading after the first half.
- DeAndre Liggins recorded his 12th double-figure scoring game this season. The Cats are 10-2 when Liggins scores in double-digits.
- UK held Alabama to just 58 points and improves to 43-0 under Coach Cal, including a 22-0 mark this season, when holding the opponent to 67 or fewer points.
- UK finished with nine 3-pointers, the most in an SEC Tournament for Kentucky since the 2007 tournament vs. Alabama. The Cats are now 12-2 when they hit eight or more 3-pointers.
- UK improves to 12-0 this season when shooting 50 percent or better. The Cats hit 27-of-54 field goals.
- Today marked the seventh time this season to have five players score in double figures. UK is 6-1 when accomplishing that feat.
- Today’s game marked the 1,500th game for UK ‘superfan’ Bobby Wiggins.
Individual game notes
- Scored 10 points, his eighth consecutive game in double digits.
- Hit two three-pointers, his eighth game with multiple treys.
- Scored 12 points, his 27th straight game with double digits.
- Dished out a game-high seven assists.
- Averaging 14.5 points and 6.5 assists in two games at the SEC Tournament.
- Hit his first career SEC Tournament 3-pointer and recorded his 24th multi-3-pointer game this season.
- After scoring only two points in the first half on two free throws, Knight exploded for 10 second half points.
- Finished with a team-high 15 points, his second-straight game with double figures.
- Scored 10 first-half points, the 10th time this season and second straight game he’s scored in double-figures in the first half. He netted 13 in UK’s SEC quarterfinal win over Ole Miss.
- Finished with 14 points, the 12th time this season he’s gone for double-figures.
- Added a career-high-tying nine rebounds.
- Netted 3-of-3 from beyond the arc, tying his career high for three-pointers made.
- Finished with 14 points and 10 rebounds
- Recorded his sixth double-double this season and the seventh of his career.
- Averaging 13.5 points, 8.5 rebounds in two tournament games.
- Shooting 68.8 percent (11-of-16) from the field in the SEC Tournament.