Feb. 26, 2011
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery |
Team Records, Series Info and Other Big News
- Kentucky is 20-8 overall, 8-6 in the Southeastern Conference. Florida is 22-6, 11-3 in league play.
- UK leads the series 89-33, including 46-8 in Lexington.
- Kentucky has a 163-52 record against SEC East teams since the league split into divisions in 1991-92.
- This is the 55th 20-win season in Kentucky history.
- Today’s win marks the 500th collegiate-career victory for Kentucky Coach John Calipari. Calipari has a collegiate record of 500-151 (76.8 percentage).
- Kentucky closes out the 2010-11 home schedule Tuesday against Vanderbilt at 9 p.m. The Senior Night game will be televised by ESPN.
- Kentucky used the lineup of Brandon Knight, Doron Lamb, Darius Miller, Terrence Jones and Josh Harrellson for the third time this season.
- Doron Lamb opened the scoring with a driving banker on UK’s first possession at 18:57.
- An intense, closely played first half resulted in Kentucky holding a 34-33 lead at intermission. The teams were separated by no more than four points for the entire half.
- Kentucky scored the first five points of the second half to go ahead 39-33, the largest lead of the game to that point. Florida bounced back promptly to tie the game at 41.
- Tied at 41, Kentucky gradually built the lead to 11 points at 69-58, topped with a huge play by Darius Miller. Doron Lamb missed a three-pointer but Miller flashed across the court to soar for the rebound. Miller got the ball back and drained a three-pointer at 4:13 to give UK its 69-58 advantage.
- Kentucky got its biggest lead at 12 points, 73-61.
- Florida edged as close as six points at 74-68, but the Gators got no closer and the Wildcats won 76-68.
- Today’s hard-fought contest featured eight ties and 10 lead changes. As a matter of contrast, in UK’s previous six SEC home wins this season, there were a total of only two ties and five lead changes.
- UK shot 51.7 percent from the field, making 30 of 58 shots. The Wildcats are 11-0 this season (29-0 under Coach Calipari) when making at least half their field-goal attempts.
- UK, the SEC’s stingiest turnover team at 11.2 turnovers per game, had only seven miscues today. It’s the second-lowest of the season as UK had six turnovers vs. Indiana.
- Kentucky is 32-0 at Rupp Arena under Coach John Calipari. It is the second-longest streak for a UK coach in Rupp Arena behind Rick Pitino’s 33-straight home wins in 1992-94.
- UK has won 33 in a row at home, beginning with the 2009 NIT game at Memorial Coliseum and continuing with the last 32 at Rupp.
- It is the second-longest active home win streak in the nation.
- It is tied for the third-longest home streak in school history. UK won 129-consecutive home games at Alumni Gymnasium and Memorial Coliseum from 1943-55 and 39 straight in Alumni from 1933-36.
- Kentucky has made at least one three-point shot in 775 consecutive games.
- Brandon Knight scored 16 points and had six assists with no turnovers.
- Has scored in double figures in 23-consecutive games and 27 of 28 games this season. It’s the longest streak since Jodie Meeks had 32-straight double-figure games in 2008-09.
- Darius Miller poured in a career-high 24 points.
- It’s the second-consecutive home game in which Miller has posted a career-high scoring total. He had 22 points last Saturday vs. South Carolina.
- Miller also had a fine floor game with three assists and three blocked shots.
- Josh Harrellson claimed a game-high 12 rebounds. It’s his 13th double-figure rebounding game of the season.