Feb. 12, 2013
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery |
- Kentucky falls to 17-7 overall and 8-3 in Southeastern Conference action. Florida improves to 20-3 and 10-1 in league play.
- UK still leads the series 93-34 and 33-23 when the game is played in Gainesville.
- UK falls to 13-11 against opponents who are ranked No. 7 by the Associated Press.
- Kentucky owns an all-time 4-3 record as the 25th-ranked team as tabbed by the AP.
- Kentucky returns to action on Saturday, Feb. 16 when UK travels to Tennessee for a rematch with the Volunteers. Game time is set for 1 p.m. ET and will air live on CBS.
Team Game Notes
- The loss snapped a season-long five-game winning streak for the Wildcats.
- UK used the starting combination of Archie Goodwin, Ryan Harrow, Julius Mays, Nerlens Noel and Alex Poythress. That starting combination is now is 8-2 when starting that lineup.
- Kyle Wiltjer was the first sub off the bench for the Blue and White. He's been the first substitution a team-leading 11 times.
- Wiltjer connected on Kentucky's first 3-point attempt in the first half to extend UK's 3-point streak to 851 consecutive games which is a standard that ranks as the third longest such streak in the nation.
- Kentucky trailed 38-25 at the half. UK is 1-6 when trailing at the break. The 13-point deficit marked the largest hole of the season for UK at the half. The previous high was 11 at Notre Dame.
- Florida shot nearly 50 percent from the field. Prior to tonight's contest, UK had held seven of its last eight opponents to below .400 shooting.
Individual Player Notes
- Continued his streak of pulling down at least six rebounds in every game this season with six total boards.
- Has tallied at least one block in all 24 games this season.
- Connected on a 3-pointer for the second consecutive game. The back-to-back outings with a made long ball marks the first time in his career he has achieved the feat.
- Tied a career-high with three steals.
- Scored in double-figure for the third-consecutive game, marking a career-long streak. He posted a team-high 10 points in tonight's game.
- Swiped a career-high two steals, while also matching a career-best with two assists.
- Posted double-figure scoring in four-straight games with 10 points in tonight's game.
- Has connected on multiple 3-pointers in nine of the last 10 games after connecting on 2-of-5 from behind the arc tonight.