Feb. 11, 2009
Box Score |
- Kentucky is 17-7 overall, 6-3 in the Southeastern Conference.
- Florida is 19-5 overall, 6-3 in league play.
- Kentucky leads the series, 86-31. UK leads 44-8 in games played in Lexington.
- This is Kentucky 's all-time 100 th win against a team from the state of Florida. UK is 100-35 all-time against teams from the Sunshine State.
- Kentucky returns to action Saturday at Arkansas. The game is at 1 p.m. ET and televised by CBS.
- UK used the starting lineup of Michael Porter, Jodie Meeks, Ramon Harris, Perry Stevenson and Patrick Patterson for the 15th time this season.
- Tied at six, Florida made an 8-0 run for a 14-6 lead.
- Florida 's run broken by a three-pointer from Jodie Meeks, extending Kentucky 's streak of 699 consecutive games with a three. Meeks' three sparked a 16-4 spurt that put UK ahead 22-18.
- The teams went back-and-forth after that, ending the half with a 30-30 tie.
- Trailing 47-42, Kentucky went on an 8-0 run for a 50-47 lead.
- Patrick Patterson left the game with what appeared to be an ankle injury with 9:06 left in the game. Kentucky led 50-47 at the time of Patterson's exit. Josh Harrellson replaced Patterson and scored the next six points for the Wildcats.
- UK was still ahead 54-50 when the Gators went ahead with a 10-0 spurt for a 60-54 advantage.
- The Wildcats edged back, 65-64, on two foul shots by Meeks with 59 seconds to go, but the Gators tied on a Dan Werner foul shot with 40 ticks remaining.
- UK won the game, 68-65, on a highly contested Meeks three-pointer with five seconds left.
- Attendance of 24,355 a season high, seventh-highest all-time.
- Kentucky is now 16-0 this season when holding opponents to 41 percent or less from the field. Florida made 40.7 percent of its field-goal attempts tonight.
- Kentucky dominated the rebounding, 39-26, leading to a 10-4 advantage on second-chance points.
Individual game notes
- Jodie Meeks paced the Wildcats with 23 points. He scored 10 of UK's final 12 points, including the game-winner with five seconds on the clock.
- Kevin Galloway had his best game as a Wildcat, notching season highs with six points, eight rebounds and nine assists.
- Michael Porter nailed three three-pointers, tying his career high.
- Nick Calathes was magnificent for Florida, scoring a career-high 33 points and also leading the Gators with seven rebounds.