Kentucky-Mississippi State Postgame Notes
Kentucky 69, Mississippi State 59
Feb. 8, 2014
Box Score |
Team Records, Notes
- Kentucky improves to 18-5, 8-2 in Southeastern Conference action, while Mississippi State drops to 13-10, 3-7.
- Kentucky now leads the series 91-20 and 33-12 in Starkville.
- The Wildcats remain on the road for a matchup at Auburn on Wednesday, Feb. 12. The game is set to tip at 8 p.m. ET and air live on SEC TV.
- UK’s all-time record against SEC foes now stands at 919-258.
- Today’s attendance was 8,417.
- The Wildcats are 21-7 all-time as the Associated Press’ No. 18 rated squad and 4-1 under Calipari.
- James Young hit a 3-pointer early in the opening half to extend UK’s 3-streak is 883 consecutive games. It is the third largest streak in the country.
First Half Facts
- Kentucky opened the game on a 6-0 run, but the Bulldogs eventually took an 11-9 advantage.
- The Wildcats finished the half on a 19-6 and a final 9-0 run to take a 32-23 advantage into halftime. UK is 15-1 overall and 7-0 against league foes when leading at the break.
Second Half Facts
- Leading by nine at the break, UK held the lead for the entirety of the second half, including stretching the lead to as much as 12.
- Julius Randle led the Wildcats in scoring in the second half with eight points.
- Aaron Harrison dished out a team-high six assists.
- Marks the fifth time he has led the team in assists.
- Second consecutive game with six rebounds.
- Dakari Johnson scored nine points and grabbed a team-high eight rebounds.
- Has led Kentucky in rebounding twice this season.
- Jon Hood played a season-high 13 minutes.
- Scored a 3-pointer and had a pair of rebounds on his way to a plus-minus average of +13 in the opening half to provide a spark for the foul-plagued Wildcats.
- Julius Randle led Kentucky in scoring with 16 points.
- Has led UK in scoring seven times.
- Has now scored in double figures 20 times.