Feb. 1, 2011
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery
- Kentucky falls to 16-5, 4-3 SEC on the season. Ole Miss improves to 14-8, 2-5 SEC.
- The Wildcats are 96-13 all-time against the Rebels and 25-10 in Oxford.
- UK is 118-30 against SEC West teams since the league split into two divisions in 1992.
- Kentucky will be in action again Saturday, Feb. 5 at Florida. Tip-off is scheduled for 9:00 p.m. p.m. ET with the game being televised on ESPN.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Darius Miller, Terrence Jones, Brandon Knight, DeAndre Liggins and Josh Harrellson. Kentucky is 14-4 with that starting five.
- Doron Lamb was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was Lamb’s 16th time this season to be the first Wildcat off the bench.
- Kentucky extended its streak of games with a three-pointer to 770 games, the third longest streak in the country.
- UK led 35-34 at the half. The Wildcats are 15-2, 4-1 in league when leading at the half.
- Kentucky shot 48.1 pct. in the first half, while holding the Rebels to just 38.2 pct. from the field.
- The Cats finished 49.0 pct. from the field, marking the first time this season UK has lost (14-1) when shooting at 40 pct. from the field.
- Trailing 43-41 five minutes into the second half, the Rebels went on a 13-0 run to take a 54-43 lead.
- The Wildcats dropped their first game (15-1) when shooting a higher percentage than their opponents. UK shot 49.0 pct. compared to Ole Miss’ 42.9 pct.
- UK was led in scoring by Terrence Jones (22), Doron Lamb (20) and Brandon Knight (15), the eighth time this season the Cats have been led in scoring by its three freshmen.
- The Wildcats turned the ball over a season high 18 times. It was their most turnovers since turning it over 18 times against North Carolina last season.
Individual game notes
- Has hit a 3-pointer in eight straight games.
- Had streak of double-digit games snapped at five-straight.
- Scored 11 first-half points, the seventh time this season and second time in the last three games he’s hit double-digits in the first half.
- Recorded his 13th multi-block game this season.
- Post his seventh double-double this season.
- Tallied his fifth 20-10 game this season.
- Scored in double-digits for the 16th straight game, the longest streak since DeMarcus Cousins did it in 16-straight last season.
- Has hit a 3-pointer in six-straight games.
- Has hit 16 of last 17 free throws.
- Has hit a 3-pointer in 18 of 21 games this season.
- Recorded back-to-back double-digit games for the eighth time this season.
- Hit his first 3-pointer since 1/15 against LSU.