Jan. 29, 2013
Box Score |
- Kentucky improves to 14-6 overall and 5-2 in SEC action. Ole Miss suffers its first loss in SEC play and drops to 17-3 overall and 6-1 in league play.
- The win is the 100th in the series for Kentucky over Ole Miss and UK improves to 100-13 all-time in the series. Today's win snaps a two-game losing streak in Oxford with the last victory coming during the 2006-07 season.
- UK improves to 62-22 all-time when game is played in the state of Mississippi.
- The win is the first over a top-25 ranked opponent this season.
- Kentucky returns to action on Saturday, Feb. 2 when UK travels to College Station, Texas, for a rematch with Texas A&M. Game is slated for a 6 p.m. ET tip and set to air live on ESPN.
Team Game Notes
- UK used the starting combination of Archie Goodwin, Ryan Harrow, Julius Mays, Nerlens Noel and Alex Poythress for the fifth time this season. That starting combination is now 4-1 when starting that lineup.
- Kyle Wiltjer was the first sub off the bench for the Blue and White. He has been the first sub a team-leading seven times this season.
- Wiltjer connected on a 3-point attempt at the 10:58-minute mark of the first half to extend UK's 3-point streak to 847 consecutive games which is a standard that ranks as the third longest such streak in the nation.
- UK went on a 22-12 run to open the second half to take a 59-50 lead with 14:23 remaining in the second half.
- Kentucky led by as many as 17 in the second half before the Rebels put together a 16-0 run over a six-minute span to pull to within one at 73-72 before Ryan Harrow connected on a 3-point basket with 4:05 to play for UK's first field goal since the 10:18 mark of the half.
- Kentucky then ended the second half on a 14-2 run to seal the first win over a top-25 ranked team this season.
- Nerlens Noel set a new single-game school record with 12 blocked shots. Andre Riddick held the previous record with nine swats vs. LSU on March 13, 1993.
- With Kyle Wiltjer (26) and Archie Goodwin (22) both reaching 20-point scoring figures it marks the first time two players did so since Goodwin teamed with Alex Poythress to achieve the feat against LIU Brooklyn earlier this season.
Individual Player Notes
- Registered his team-leading fifth charge drawn of the season in the second half.
- Has logged six or more rebounds in every game this season.
- Set a career-high with 12 blocks and now has six or more in six-straight games. The 12 rejections is a single-game high in UK history.
- Five of his school-record blocks came after drawing his fourth foul.
- Tallied double-figure scoring in 16-of-20 games this season with 24 in tonight's game. It is his first 20-point effort since scoring 22 at Louisville.
- Has made multiple free throws in 10 consecutive games. Tonight's total of 12 matched a career-high total which he also achieved against Morehead State.
- Dished out four assists which totaled the most in SEC play this season and the most since passing out four in a win over Lipscomb.
- Scored in double-figures in 10 of his last 11 games with 13 points.
- Turned in a traditional three-point play at the 18:46 mark in the second half which was his fourth of the season.
- Reached double-figure scoring for the fifth time in his last six games with 15 points in tonight's game.
- Scored in double-figures for the fourth time in the last five games with a career-high 26 points.
- Has hit multiple 3-pointers in three of his last five games with five in tonight's game.
- Notched his fourth career dunk when he scored his 26th point of the game which resulted in a new career-high tally.
- Pulled in a career-high seven rebounds and has now garnered three or more boards in four-straight games.
- Has connected on at least one 3-point attempt in nine-consecutive outings.