Kentucky-Tennessee Postgame Notes
Kentucky 75, Tennessee 65
Jan. 15, 2013
Box Score |
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 11-5 overall, 2-1 in the SEC. Tennessee is 8-7, 0-3 in the league.
- Kentucky leads the series 149-66 and has won the last six meetings. Kentucky has played Tennessee more than any other opponent.
- Kentucky hits the road for a pair of away games, Saturday at Auburn (9 p.m. EST on ESPNU) and Tuesday at Alabama.
- Tied at 37, Kentucky went on a 8-0 run for a 45-37 lead.
- Trailing 47-39, Tennessee bounced back with an 8-0 run to re-tie the game at 47.
- Tennessee took its only lead of the half, 54-53 on a 3-pointer by Derek Reese at the 7:19 mark.
- Tied at 56 on a pair of Reese foul shots with 6:27 remaining, UK outscored Tennessee 19-9 the remainder of the way.
- Harrow got the final spurt started with a layup on a pass from Noel.
- Julius Mays followed with a pair of 3-pointers.
- Kyle Wiltjer scored the next five points for the Wildcats to stretch the lead to 69-62.
- Tennessee got no closer than six the remainder of the way.
- The first half continues to tell the tale for the Wildcats. UK is 11-0 this season when leading at halftime, 0-5 when trailing.
- Kentucky won the rebounding 34-30. UK is 9-2 this season when outrebounding the opponent.
- Willie Cauley-Stein had seven points and five rebounds.
- Has made 24 of 34 shots (70.6 percent) over the last seven games.
- Ryan Harrow notched 12 points and four assists.
- Harrow has scored double figures in seven-straight games and is averaging 15.6 over that stretch.
- Julius Mays had nine points, including the pair of crucial 3-pointers with the game hanging in the balance
- With one assist and one turnover tonight, he has a 25-7 assist-turnover ratio over the last nine games.
- Nerlens Noel had another stat-stuffing line tonight with 12 points, nine rebounds, two assists, four blocked shots and four steals.
- Has at least six rebounds in every game this season.
- Has blocked at least one shot in every game this season and at least two rejections in eight-straight games.
- Has made 37 of 51 shots (72.5 percent) in the last nine games.
- Alex Poythress totaled 10 points, including two-of-two 3-pointers, and eight rebounds.
- His 11th double-figure scoring game of the season.
- Kyle Wiltjer paced the Wildcats with 17 points, the fifth time this season he has led the team in scoring.