Jan. 15, 2011
Box Score |
Team Records and Series Info
- Kentucky is 14-3 overall, 2-1 in the Southeastern Conference. LSU is 10-8 overall, 2-1 in league play.
- UK leads the series with LSU, 80-24.
- UK is 472-115 all-time against teams from the SEC Western Division, including 119-28 since the league split into divisions in 1991-92.
- Kentucky goes on the road for a pair of games. The Wildcats open the trip at Alabama on Tuesday at 9 p.m. EST. The game will be televised by ESPN.
- Kentucky used the lineup of Brandon Knight, Doron Lamb, DeAndre Liggins, Darius Miller and Josh Harrellson for the second-consecutive game.
- Brandon Knight opened the scoring at 18:52 and 18:29 with consecutive three-pointers.
- UK had spurts of 6-0, 6-0, 8-0, 10-0 and 8-0 during the first half.
- The Wildcats went to intermission with a 48-19 lead, UK’s largest halftime advantage of the season.
- Brandon Knight led all scorers in the first half with 13 points. Josh Harrellson gathered 10 rebounds, the second time this season he reached double-figure boards in the first half.
- LSU got no closer than a 29-point margin in the second half.
- Kentucky increased the lead to 38 points, its largest margin of the game, at the final score of 82-44.
- Kentucky is 27-0 at Rupp Arena under Coach John Calipari.
- UK has won 28 in a row at home, beginning with the 2009 NIT game at Memorial Coliseum and continuing with the last 26 at Rupp. It is the third-longest active streak in the nation.
- LSU shot 26.2 percent from the field, UK’s best defensive figure of the season. UK is 10-0 this season when holding the opponent under 40 percent from the field.
- UK is 14-0 this season when holding the opponent under 70 points.
- Kentucky won the battle of the backboards, 50-42. UK is 13-0 this season when outrebounding the opponent.
- Five Wildcats scored in double figures, the fourth time that has happened this season.
- Kentucky has made at least one three-point shot in 766 consecutive games.
- Terrence Jones had 17 points, setting career highs with 11 of 14 at the foul line.
- Brandon Knight led all scorers with 19 points, including a season-high five three-pointers. He also tied his season best for rebounds with six.
- Darius Miller scored 15 points, tying his season high, and marking the first time in his career that he scored double figures in consecutive games. Miller had 10 on Tuesday against Auburn.
- Josh Harrellson tied his career high for rebounds with 14, the third time this season he has grabbed 14 caroms.
- Jon Hood played a career-high 20 minutes and contributed two points, four rebounds and a career-high three assists.