Jan. 12, 2010
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery
- Kentucky is now 17-0, 2-0 SEC on the season. Florida falls to 12-4, 0-2.
- UK is 87-32 against the Gators and 32-21 in Gainesville.
- UK's 17-0 start is its best start since opening the 1966 season 23-0.
- Kentucky won in Gainesville for the first time since the 2004 season.
- Kentucky returns to action next Saturday, traveling to Auburn. Tip-off
is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. with the game being televised on the SEC Network.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Eric Bledsoe, DeMarcus Cousins,
Darius Miller, Patrick Patterson and John Wall for the ninth straight game.
Kentucky is 15-0 with that starting five.
- The Wildcats played in their blue uniforms for only the third time this
- DeMarcus Cousins won the opening tip. The Wildcats have on the opening
tip 14 times this season.
- Daniel Orton was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was his team
leading 10 th time this season to be the first Wildcat off the bench.
- The Wildcats didn't score their first point until the 15:52 mark, a fast
break layup by Eric Bledsoe.
- Kentucky extended its streak of game with a three-pointer to 728 games,
the third longest streak in the country.
- UK took its first lead of the game, 14-13, at the 10:08 mark on a three-point
play by DeMarcus Cousins.
- The Wildcats led 38-31 at halftime. UK is 13-0 when leading at the half.
- The last time more three freshmen scored 25 pts in a game during the season
was in 1975 (Givens, Robey and Phillips). DeMarcus Cousins and John Wall
scored 25 in a game earlier this season.
Individual game notes
- Recorded first dunk of the season.
- Scored most points since tallying 16 against Hartford.
- Connected on his first three-pointer since the Hartford game (12/29).
- Finished with 19 points, the most since tallying 19 against Long Beach
- Scored 10 of his 13 points in the second half. He is averaging 9.4 points
in the second half this year.
- Finished with a career high 25 points.
- Scored a first half career best 15 points.
- Hit multiple three-pointers for first time since going 4-5 against Indiana.
- Scored in double-digits in four straight games.
- Finished with career high nine rebounds.
- Tied career high with four blocks.
- Moved within 18 points of 28 th on UK's all-time scoring list with 1,302
- Scored in double-figures in 12 straight games.