Jan. 11, 2011
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery |
Team Records and Series Info
- Kentucky is 13-3 overall, 1-1 in the Southeastern Conference. Auburn is 7-9 overall, 0-2 in league play.
- UK leads the series with Auburn, 85-17, and has a 12-game win streak against the Tigers. UK leads 44-2 in games played in Lexington.
- UK is 471-115 all-time against teams from the SEC Western Division, including 118-28 since the league split into divisions in 1991-92.
- Kentucky stays at home this weekend and plays host to LSU on Saturday at 4:00. The game will be telecast on the SEC Network.
- Kentucky had its first lineup change of the season as freshman Doron Lamb made his first collegiate start, joining Brandon Knight, DeAndre Liggins, Darius Miller and Josh Harrellson in the opening five. It is the first time this season that Terrence Jones didn’t open for the Wildcats.
- Darius Miller opened the scoring with a three-pointer at the 18:27 mark, extending Kentucky’s streak of 765 consecutive games with at least one three.
- UK jumped out to a 5-0 lead and never trailed.
- The Wildcats led by as many as 24 points in the first half at 33-9 before settling for a 41-21 halftime advantage.
- Kentucky increased the lead to 25 points early in the half before Auburn gradually reduced the margin.
- The Tigers got as close as 17 points at 61-44 and 64-47.
- UK eventually led by as many as 26 points before easing to the 78-54 win.
- UK is 3-0 this season in bounce-back games after losses.
- Kentucky is 66-11 in SEC home openers, including 5-0 in home lidlifters vs. Auburn.
- Auburn shot 34.4 percent from the field. UK is 9-0 this season when holding the opponent under 40 percent from the field.
- UK is 13-0 this season when holding the opponent under 70 points.
- Kentucky won the battle of the backboards, 39-38. UK is 12-0 this season when outrebounding the opponent.
- The Wildcats made exactly half their field goal attempts tonight, 29 of 58. The Wildcats are 8-0 this season when making at least 50 percent from the field.
- Kentucky is 26-0 at Rupp Arena under Coach John Calipari.
- UK has won 27 in a row at home, beginning with the 2009 NIT game at Memorial Coliseum and continuing with the last 26 at Rupp.
- Kentucky has made at least one three-point shot in 765 consecutive games.
- Terrence Jones led all scorers with 35 points.
- Broke the UK freshman record of 32 points set earlier this season by Doron Lamb vs. Winthrop.
- This marks the first time in school history that two Wildcat freshmen have scored 30 points in a game in the same season.
- Tied his career high for three-pointers made (four), free throws made (nine) and steals (three).
- Brandon Knight tallied 13 points, his 11th-straight game in double figures.
- Making his first collegiate start, Doron Lamb had eight points and a career-high seven assists.