Kentucky-Arkansas-Little Rock Postgame Notes
Kentucky 73, Arkansas-Little Rock 51
Jan. 3, 2012
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery |
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 14-1 and Arkansas-Little Rock is 5-11.
- This was the first meeting between UK and UALR.
- UK is 8-3 all-time against the current alignment of the Sun Belt Conference.
- UK has an all-time record of 123-33 record in games played in Louisville, including a 60-18 mark in Freedom Hall.
- Kentucky returns to action Saturday at home against South Carolina. The Southeastern Conference lidlifter is set to begin at 4 p.m. in Rupp Arena.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Marquis Teague, Doron Lamb, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Terrence Jones and Anthony Davis for the 10th time this season. UK is 9-1 when starting this lineup.
- Doron Lamb began the game with a three-pointer, the fourth time this season UK has opened the game with a three. That extends UK’s streak of 802 consecutive games with a three.
- UALR built five-point leads on three occasions, 15-10, 21-16 and 30-25.
- Terrence Jones’ three-pointer at 5:10 was his first long-ranger since the North Carolina game Dec. 3.
- UALR went into halftime with a 30-27 lead. UK has trailed at the half only three times this season, also vs. North Carolina and Indiana.
- With UALR ahead 32-31, the Trojans went 9:58 without a basket, from 17:15 to 7:17.
- With UALR ahead 34-31, UK went on a 23-1 run for a 54-35 lead.
- Darius Miller ripped a three-pointer with 11 minutes remaining, making him the 58th player in school history to reach 1,000 career points.
- UK led by as many as 25 points, 73-48, before finishing with a 73-51 victory.
- Kentucky dominated the rebounding, 50-23, a margin of +27.
- Along with a +26 margin vs. Louisville, UK has outrebounded the last two opponents by a combined 53 caroms.
- UK’s 20 offensive rebounds led to a 20-4 advantage in second-chance points.
- UK led points in the paint 36-14.
- UK shot 50 percent from the field. It is the eighth time this season that the Wildcats made at least half their shots in a game.
- UK limited UALR to 31.1 percent field-goal shooting, 19 of 61. The Wildcats came into the game ranked second the nation in field goal percentage defense (35.2).
- UK blocked 12 shots. The Wildcats came into the game leading the nation with 9.2 blocks per game.
- UK is 60-1 under Calipari when the opponent scores 67 or fewer points.
- UK is 16-0 under Calipari when the opponent scores 55 or fewer points.
- In its 109th season of basketball, Kentucky is the NCAA’s all-time wins leader with 2,066 wins.
- Anthony Davis had 22 points and 16 rebounds and was named the game’s Most Valuable Player by the UK Jefferson County Alumni Association.
- Davis has eight double-doubles this season, including four straight games.
- Davis is the first Wildcat to have four-consecutive double-doubles since DeMarcus Cousins in 2010.
- His eight double-doubles this season already rank fifth all-time among UK freshmen.
- Davis blocked three shots. He has blocked at least three shots in six-straight games and 13 of 15 games this season. He leads the SEC with 4.6 blocks game.
- Has 67 blocks on the season, already moving into 10th place on the UK single-season list.
- Darius Miller totaled 15 points and six rebounds.
- Became the 58th Kentucky player to reach 1,000 points in a career. He has 1,010 points as a Wildcat.
- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist scored nine points and grabbed 10 rebounds.
- It is the second-straight game and third time this season that he has rebounded in double figures.
- Terrence Jones returned to the starting lineup as he continues to recover from his dislocated left pinkie finger.
- Scored 10 points, most since the North Carolina game on Dec. 3.