June 2, 2014
Box Score |
2014 Kentucky Baseball
Kentucky vs. Louisville
June 1, 2014 -- Louisville, Ky.
Jim Patterson Stadium
Team Records and Notes
- UK moved to 14-16 all-time in the NCAA tournament.
- UK leads the all-time series with Louisville 68-36-1, including a 2-1 record in 2014.
- UK moved to 8-4 in neutral site games.
- UK is 5-7 on Sundays and 10-8 in May.
- Kentucky moved to 7-5 in its blue and grey uniform combination.
- UK is 14-8 in night games.
- UK turned its 60th and 61st double plays of 2014.
- Kentucky is 12-7 when facing a left handed starting pitcher.
- UK is 12-17 when its opponent scores first.
- Kentucky concludes the 2014 season with a record of 37-25, 14-16 SEC.
- Freshman LHP Logan Salow made the second start of his career.
- Salow worked six innings, allowing one run and three walks, while striking out four.
- Salow’s six innings and 95 pitches are new career highs.
- Junior LHP/1B A.J. Reed made his team-leading 117th consecutive start.
- Senior SS Matt Reida made his 199th career start, tying him with Spencer Graeter for fifth in UK history.
- Reida ends his career with 214 games played, placing him fourth in UK history.
- Junior 3B Max Kuhn has reached base safely in 107 of his 115 career starts, including 19 straight.
- Junior CF Austin Cousino has reached base safely in 162 of 179 career games, including 13 consecutive.
- Cousino plated his 19th two-strike hit of the season.
- Cousino collected a hit in 12 of his last 13 games.
- Senior catcher Micheal Thomas has inked a hit in nine straight games.
- Thomas picked up his 26th two-strike hit of 2014.
- Thomas caught a runner stealing for the 16th time this season.
- Sophomore Ka’ai Tom collected his 19th multi-hit game of the season.
- Tom picked up his 16th and 17th two-strike hits of 2014.
- Junior Thomas Bernal was hit by two pitches, giving him a total of 18 for the season.
- Bernal drew his 12th walk of 2014.
- Freshman RF Storm Wilson was hit by a pitch for the 15th time of his career.
- Sophomore LHP Sam Mahar made his 13th appearance of 2014.
- Sophomore RHP Zack Strecker made his 18th appearance of the season.
- Strecker inherited two runners, moving his total to 12 for 2014.
- Strecker worked 2.2 innings, allowing no runs, two hits and one walk, while striking out two.